Thread: Took the plunge today

Took the plunge today

I stopped in at sarco today cause the rain was so bad I couldnt drive anymore and that was the closest exit. So I thought what the hell since tomorrow is my anniversary I would buy a rifle to celebrate since she already got her gift. Was looking to see if they had a K98k or a brit enfield mark1 no 3 or even a mark 4 no 1 but no luck so I started to look at the Moisin's and picked out a very nice 1940 dated with a great bore and brass caps. Took it apart and cleaned most of the grease off. This one does not seem to have varnish on it or if it did its mostly gone. When I get the chance I put some blo on her and take some pics. The price wasnt bad rifle, bayonet ,tools, a sling and 100 rounds of ammo 160.00 out the door. Sarco being on the drive to and from the house in PA is either a blessing or a curse. A blessing for me a curse for the wife and bank account. Never thought a Moisin would call out to me but the more I held her tonight cleaning her she does have some good lines to her. Nothing like a Mauser though. Did look at the Yugo Mausers and they had some German 98k's that had been scrubbed and appropriated by the Yugo's but they just didn't cry to be taken home like this Moisin did.
    Mack

If I lived that close I would be terribly poor.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

"If I lived that close I would be terribly poor."

You and me both. Being able to actually browse the shelves before buying would just ensure that I was broke all the time.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

well they do have a selection it is not as diverse this time as other times i have been in but it runs the gamut from blk powder up to black guns.
    mack

Well took her to the range only fired 20 shots out of her but Im liking her. N0ow she needs to have the varnish redone.

It's not varnish. It's shellaq. Try wiping the blemished areas with denatured alcohol.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Thanks Dog some of it has rubbed off so I know what I need to redo it.
    Mack