Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What Can I Get For $85K ?

We just bought a 1680 sq foot home in Pa for 69,900 in the foot hills of the blue mountains. Cabela's is 15 min away and the rifle range I joined is 10 min away and is only 20 dollars a year and they have 192 acres. Concealed carry is $25 a year and PA is a shall issue state and also a class 3 state.
    Mack

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    No, I've been there on 6 different occasions though in the last 8 years. Every time I go, it seems like a drought. The driest, hottest, nastiest Michigan weather is better than a good year in Texas.
    Colorado isnt brown,dry,and in a drought???? HMM my brother as lived there for 20 years. Colorado sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of Colorado does suck Toolman BUT a bunch is also damn nice.

Cadet

Wink Can't beat a booming shiitehole!

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Okay, this will rub all you Cowboys the wrong way but here goes. First, I really like Texas from the standpoint of what it represents, you know, freedom and that means economic as well as personal freedoms. This being said, I HATE Texas. I wouldn't live in that sh!thole for less than $400,000 a year. Texas is hot, many parts are humid (San Antonio), it is dry, it is brown, it is a sh!thole.

Despite all this, Texas is a BOOMING! Economic freedom can work wonders, even in a sh!thole.
    Tim, you've forgotten all about that nasty, muddy creek that San Antonio likes to call a river. You out-of-towners seem to love to eat next to it though and then go for a stroll along its banks while gang members try to piss on you from bridges. Welcome to San Antonio!!!!!

Don't know if I'd live anywhere else but Texas as long as it's not in a city.

bill

Junior Cadet
    Hi, I read your all comments and I found many things for learning, Actually I have heard that the real estate business is good because the lost chances are very less in this business than the stock business and forex business.

Eastcoast Homes
    Last edited by addison01; 10-12-2013 at 01:50 AM.

When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Founding Member
    Addison1 is funny...

Patriot
    I've been scoping out Tennessee. Seems like you can get a descent house there for less than $150K. Do you want to take out a mortgage?

Patriot
    Also, I like the Northeastern rural part of Texas, up closer to Arkansas. Not sure about Pennsylvania. Although the parts of it that are away from the cities are beautiful, it still gets too much snow for me.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by musketjon View Post
    Sorry, the GF says Texas is OUT ! ! ! ! !
    Jon
    This is old news i just ran across it but'' the girl friend says texas is out? wow a girlfriend ? you sir have already lost control,, better tighten up the choke collar
    I erased my signature and don't know why.