Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Remington 03A3.....

What a Remington 03A3.....

I have a surplus of 03A3's which I don't collect or enjoy shooting. So I'm going to thin the herd to help pay for my Les Baer 1911 .45. Not being in the 03A3 circles I have no idea what it's worth. I've checked Gunbroker so I have some ideas but would sure appreciate some opinions from members of BT.

This is a Remington 03A3, SN-3829XXX, RA with a bomb and 5/43 on the barrel just below the front sight, there is a circled P on the bottom of the stock, the letters FJA on the left side of the stock. The barrel is .5 MW bright and shiny with good lands and grooves. It has a greenish color on the metal which is 90%. The stock has the usual dings and nicks but looks good. I also have a shipping box which the rifle was shipped in dated 8/67, Red River Army Depot. The box also contains and identification label including the rifles serial number. It also has an older canvas type sling which look original for the rifle.

From what I've been seeing on GB and at some shows I'm thinking $800 dollars? Comments or offers please.
    Bill

Here's a comment. I wish I had an extra $800 laying around!
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

About a year ago I sold this one for $800 or $850 I cant remember.
    It was very very nice, not a greasy Greek return. The man I bought it from got it in the 1950's from NRA/DCM, think he said he paid $19.00 for it. It went through a rebuild as I remember the only thing that wasnt Remington was the bolt and was reparked. I kinda regret letting her go but I needed the cash

I would say you are in the ballpark pricewise

http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f1...t=b8001f19.pbw
    Last edited by Orlando; 05-15-2011 at 05:07 PM.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Bill, thank you for the information. After reviewing your photos I think I'm right on with my price.
    Bill

Patriot
    we want pics , Bill!

I would certainly be interested. I was going to hold out for the CMP, but I got an email back from the man that said they had no idea if or when they were going to offer the small amount of rifles they had available.

Your rifle sounds like a beautiful piece.

paid4c4 Your rifle was built in August of 43, so the barrel should be original.
    Pictures would be helpful.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Here's a comment. I wish I had an extra $800 laying around!
    Me too...................
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by redheep View Post
    I would certainly be interested. I was going to hold out for the CMP, but I got an email back from the man that said they had no idea if or when they were going to offer the small amount of rifles they had available.

Your rifle sounds like a beautiful piece.
    I'll take pictures today if I can fit it in to my "everyday is a Saturday" schedule.
    Bill

Sweet

I'll check with my CFO.