Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is this the next overblown issue?

I seen an un-lapped bolt eat a rockin' chair one time.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Come visit us a CMP forums where we take ourselves waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to serious!

Quote Originally Posted by luvmym1 13 View Post
    Come visit us a CMP forums where we take ourselves waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to seriously.

You can't speak very honestly there though, I tried it once.

A guy once asked a question about peening a barrel there once. I answered having just done it myself and within 5 minutes there was one of the all knowing correcting me. Meanwhile what I told the guy came off the CMP web site.

Quote Originally Posted by luvmym1 13 View Post
    A guy once asked a question about peening a barrel there once. I answered having just done it myself and within 5 minutes there was one of the all knowing correcting me. Meanwhile what I told the guy came off the CMP web site.

Lots of ways to peen a barrel, pick one

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Lots of ways to peen a barrel, pick one
    This M14 guy has more straw than the Wizard of Oz. He has proved my point, non issue. Now he's calling it a what if issue, and Garand couldn't do it himself even after cracking a bolt lug with a 120,000PSI round. Sheesh.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    This M14 guy has more straw than the Wizard of Oz. He has proved my point, non issue. Now he's calling it a what if issue, and Garand couldn't do it himself even after cracking a bolt lug with a 120,000PSI round. Sheesh.

Bro, I read Hatcher a long time ago. Because I read Hatcher, I know what mostly to worry about and what is best left to those who just like to worry. Hatcher was one cool dude, today many would just describe him as reckless, I'll stick with cool.

Bro, I read Hatcher a long time ago. Because I read Hatcher, I know what mostly to worry about and what is best left to those who just like to worry. Hatcher was one cool dude, today many would just describe him as reckless, I'll stick with cool.
    I respect Hatcher's writings very much. That type of "to the general public" communication seems quite absent today, with the increase in academics worrying about being credited and protectionism of intellectual property.

Patriot
    I just left a long winded post on the CMP site that was non-confrontational which is not true to my nature...TIM---The above quote from you is the greatest pearl of widsom on the subject. I mean it.

Regards,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    I just left a long winded post on the CMP site that was non-confrontational which is not true to my nature...TIM---The above quote from you is the greatest pearl of widsom on the subject. I mean it.

Regards,

Greg

Ha ha ha, I seldom am accused of wisdom but I'll take it

We have more stuff to worry about guys, we need to prevent slam fires with spring loaded firing pins! Who will form a committee?
    We need buffers to prevent receiver heel wear!
    We need a steel cage trigger area within the stock to take any wood variance error out of the equation thus preventing bolt/hammer follow!
    These things, along with the lapping committee, should keep us all very busy this winter.

Seriously, a guy could go nuts (or look like a total sophisticate to those who knew no better) worrying about every little thing with these rifles.

If you worry about these things because it's fun and you are trying to milk every little extra HP (to use car terms) out of this little motor, that I understand. If you worry about this stuff though because you honestly are seeking more safety, you are sick.