Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ok guys anyone got a "stick and string" kill yet?

Took a shot at an 8 pointer this morning. Found my arrow, blood, meat and hair on it, followed blood trail for 70 yards or so through the hills and hollers, then it disappeared. No more blood. Went back and forth across those hills for four hours. Nothing. I'm not happy.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    Took a shot at an 8 pointer this morning. Found my arrow, blood, meat and hair on it, followed blood trail for 70 yards or so through the hills and hollers, then it disappeared. No more blood. Went back and forth across those hills for four hours. Nothing. I'm not happy.

Dude, sorry about that, it happens to us all at one time or another.

Been bow hunting for three years now, and that was my first shot, ever, at a deer with my bow. To be honest, I was shocked when I found blood on my arrow, cuz my heart was pounding! i was pathetic. Heck, I'm still pathetic.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Howie, I wish I could get that excitement back, I don't even get any adrenaline rush when I have a deer in front of me anymore. This makes hunting only half as much fun.

That's perfectly understandable Timmy. You're older than dirt and have been hunting a long time. I'm only 42, and killed my first deer ever last year during shotgun season. So, the newness of it all is still there for me.

On the serious side, you really don't get excited when you have a shot at one? I hope I never get that way.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    That's perfectly understandable Timmy. You're older than dirt and have been hunting a long time. I'm only 42, and killed my first deer ever last year during shotgun season. So, the newness of it all is still there for me.

On the serious side, you really don't get excited when you have a shot at one? I hope I never get that way.
    Dude, I don't even get an increased heart rate. The Wyoming scene helps me a little because your walking/running before the shot so there is a small rush. I really do get more excited when my bros get one, a lot more excited.

Nice deer Timmah! Well guys the place I hunt is only 80 acres and it receives a great deal of pressure. So I've tried to be gentle with it this year. I bought a new camera and been getting some pics of a decent buck in the wee hours of the AM. Even still he was camera shy and I really couldn't tell how good a deer he was. That is untill 11/07/12, then the downfall of all males took over! He's starting to follow a lady and now he shows up in the daylight!
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

Photobucket is freaking out I'll post the third pic (my favorite) shortly

Ok we're back

Photobucket

I know he isn't a monster, but he'd be the best "bow kill" I've ever taken! Rifle season opens a week from today, so I'm out to puncture this guys ribcage with an arrow!

Good Luck and Good Hunting All ! Thomas
    Last edited by tljames; 11-09-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Get him TL, get him!

Very nice TL!
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

Put the camera down and what ever else in your hand,Pick up that MQ32 and shoot that deer.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.