Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bolts Potentially Blowing Up All Over The Place!

Bolts Potentially Blowing Up All Over The Place!

I'm so scared now about the possibility of bolts blowing up (although no incidents have ever been reported) I've developed a flinch. I want to send all my rifles out for a complete Rockwell testing and magnafluxing. Possibly the flinch will then go away? Thanks a lot M14!
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    I'm so scared now about the possibility of bolts blowing up (although no incidents have ever been reported) I've developed a flinch. I want to send all my rifles out for a complete Rockwell testing and magnafluxing. Possibly the flinch will then go away? Thanks a lot M14!

Why, why, why, why did you bring this up?

Patriot
    Rather than risk injury and possible death i will never shoot mine again, thanks Punch for saving my life
    Last edited by deputy85; 10-03-2012 at 06:32 PM.
    I erased my signature and don't know why.

My Garands, Carbines and M14's are now all just going to collect dust. If Punchy is scared, we all should be scared.
    !

well i's only gots ones m1 gerhand and dang if she going to sit pretty an not go make bang. gettin me redneck up and ready as cation is aroun da corna an dem refles need be takin out an used. dang blasted bolts i's just go to homey depots and gets me morse bolts ifn one do breaks.
    Redneck Mack

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I guess I'm going to weld up all my bolt holes and demill all my receivers.Thanks for the heads up Stu!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I am rehardening mine in the oven as I type this. I also threw in a batch of Tollhouse cookies. Cookies and Garand bolts. Yum!
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Just send them all to me, and I'll keep 'em safe until it's decided they're ok to fire without producing a mini-mushroom cloud 6 inches in front of your face. Then I'll send 'em back to their rightful owners.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

I can't believe you are all making jokes about people's potential safety accuracy.....or was it accuracy safety?

Reckless....everyone of you.

I can't even believe we're talking about this. Never thought I would say what I'm about to say, I'd rather talk about grease.