Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Bolts Potentially Blowing Up All Over The Place!

Patriot
    Not off topic I think because most of the usual people are involved, and it closely paralles what passes for "expert opinion"

And, after thinking about this,,,,and having had parts made where issues came up...it's obvious that it's pretty hard in some cases to get a part to exactly duplicate the gov't part. And here lies the problem...and it's not only with the parts but with the way parts are used and assembled. Now I mean this as an honest observation...in a alot of cases, even relying on original prints no one knows what kind of revisions were done to the parts during production. And considering the ammount of time that has passed I would imagine that most of those involved have long since passed. So maybe part of the answer is not get too wild on the web untill maybe the issue is thought out. Now, my thoughtful reflection has passed...let's get back to bashing....LOL

This is a good example of the numbnutz that think they are experts. (except me of course,,,I really know I'm not an expert, just try to sound like one) Anyway, here's an example of a 258 post thread that started with a binding firing pin...which anyone probably could have fixed....then the thread consisted of alot of idealistic postings about mil-spec crap, then ended with one of the "usual suspects" once again having mud on his face...even though he employed a super flux capacitor magnatron to come to his conclusions. In the process.....one of the manufacturers was pretty much libeled in my opinion. Think some of the inhabitants of this site are familiar with this whole fiasco.....(I apologise if this has been covered before)

http://m14forum.com/m14/120577-lrb-bolt-issue.html
    Last edited by ordmm; 10-05-2012 at 10:46 PM.

All the more reason to never own an M1A, it just seems like M1's come together so much easier.

Jerkwads and crap parts.

Captain Magic beckoned him to the edge of the stairs, and watch him as he fell. He's my hero.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadkingtrax View Post
    All the more reason to never own an M1A,
    I even used a reclaimed M14 bolt for a long time
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    Captain Magic beckoned him to the edge of the stairs, and watch him as he fell. He's my hero.
    LOL.....The classic ambush,,,,,his ego blocked his vision....never seen it coming. Oh well.

What's going on today guys? I must sadly depart for the great wild west and won't be back till next Sunday. I expect a full blow by blow while I'm gone. If this Charlatan so much as tries to say that shooting with a hat on is safer, savage him.

All the more reason to never own an M1A, it just seems like M1's come together so much easier.

Jerkwads and crap parts.

Are you saying that the Captain is a government employee?