Thread: New Stock

Junior Cadet

New Stock

I'm seriously craving a Mini-G now; the only thing even slightly holding me back is that wood stock. I know, I know, I'm not a purist for wood stocks. Neither do I really want some cheap synthetic stock. In what way would that Sage Garand EBR chassis need to change in order to fit the Mini? I know that some of the front end indeed needs to come off, because it looks like an extra piece of metal tacked on the to the M14 EBR chassis to cover the long garand barrel. Are there other changes in the conversion I should be aware of? If I can have my wish at some point in the future, this is to be the ultimate CQB/vehicle and drag around the ranch rifle that would be impervious to the elements. I've studied all the 308 weapon systems and it really comes down to this. I like the M1/M14 platform that much. Oh, and the En Bloc feeding definitely stays. Those clips can stay loaded forever. The M14 "might" be the MBR, but this rifle would be the bread and butter for everything else, kind of the special purpose weapon.

Look at Shuff's BM14. Best of both worlds.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

TRUMY7

Try Tony lawrence at Law483.com. he may have something to catch you fancy. he did my pistol grip on my 30/06 Mini-G and I could not be happier.

http://webhosting.web.com/imagelib/s...et=tlx_picxb97

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by TRUMY7 View Post
    I'm seriously craving a Mini-G now; the only thing even slightly holding me back is that wood stock. I know, I know, I'm not a purist for wood stocks. Neither do I really want some cheap synthetic stock. In what way would that Sage Garand EBR chassis need to change in order to fit the Mini? I know that some of the front end indeed needs to come off, because it looks like an extra piece of metal tacked on the to the M14 EBR chassis to cover the long garand barrel. Are there other changes in the conversion I should be aware of? If I can have my wish at some point in the future, this is to be the ultimate CQB/vehicle and drag around the ranch rifle that would be impervious to the elements. I've studied all the 308 weapon systems and it really comes down to this. I like the M1/M14 platform that much. Oh, and the En Bloc feeding definitely stays. Those clips can stay loaded forever. The M14 "might" be the MBR, but this rifle would be the bread and butter for everything else, kind of the special purpose weapon.
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.