Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Romney round 2

There is no doubt in my mind Candy Crowley wants a piece of Obummer. It would not surprise me at all if a list of questions was given to Obummer ahead of time.

In the end I don't think this debate changed anyones mind.
    !

Nope, I think the so called "middle" aint getting anything from this.

Founding Member
    Unbiased is not a word I would use to describe this debate. If you hold one to a standard to answer you should hold the other.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    There is no doubt in my mind Candy Crowley wants a piece of Obummer. It would not surprise me at all if a list of questions was given to Obummer ahead of time.

In the end I don't think this debate changed anyones mind.

Agree......but call it a win for Obama in the medias eye

Reince Priebus, RNC chair, just called out the pres as a liar and said ole candy helped it in that lie.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    oboombya is now calling the "offensive" card. Romney is just burned on the "act of terror" remark in the rose garden. Bummer for Romney, burned on this one.
    Burned by the moderator. I call foul.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Candy gets a free nights stay in the White House....She did'nt mean to do it...she just could'nt help herself.
    Now on a positive note: All the places that sell black rifles and parts, hi cap mags, and yes even mini G's are gonna be real busy. Four years ago it was nutz....now the next few weeks up to election, and if Obama wins, will be insane. Those who have so called assault weapon stuff are gonna be real busy. Now, also, if the CMP say really does have say a 2 year supply of rifles, or whatever it is, is just got cut in half. Man...some people are gonna make a whole bunch of loot....mainly the credit card companies....LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Burned by the moderator. I call foul.
    You can call it foul but the fact remains, in the eyes of those who don't fact check, it's a burn on Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by ordmm View Post
    Candy gets a free nights stay in the White House....She did'nt mean to do it...she just could'nt help herself.
    Now on a positive note: All the places that sell black rifles and parts, hi cap mags, and yes even mini G's are gonna be real busy. Four years ago it was nutz....now the next few weeks up to election, and if Obama wins, will be insane. Those who have so called assault weapon stuff are gonna be real busy. Now, also, if the CMP say really does have say a 2 year supply of rifles, or whatever it is, is just got cut in half. Man...some people are gonna make a whole bunch of loot....mainly the credit card companies....LOL
    Uh, that started two weeks ago

Romney was actually right about the Rose Garden comments. Here's what Obama actually said, the complete Rose Garden speech:

THE PRESIDENT: Good morning. Every day, all across the world, American diplomats and civilians work tirelessly to advance the interests and values of our nation. Often, they are away from their families. Sometimes, they brave great danger.

Yesterday, four of these extraordinary Americans were killed in an attack on our diplomatic post in Benghazi. Among those killed was our Ambassador, Chris Stevens, as well as Foreign Service Officer Sean Smith. We are still notifying the families of the others who were killed. And today, the American people stand united in holding the families of the four Americans in our thoughts and in our prayers.

The United States condemns in the strongest terms this outrageous and shocking attack. We're working with the government of Libya to secure our diplomats. I've also directed my administration to increase our security at diplomatic posts around the world. And make no mistake, we will work with the Libyan government to bring to justice the killers who attacked our people.

Since our founding, the United States has been a nation that respects all faiths. We reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. But there is absolutely no justification to this type of senseless violence. None. The world must stand together to unequivocally reject these brutal acts.

Already, many Libyans have joined us in doing so, and this attack will not break the bonds between the United States and Libya. Libyan security personnel fought back against the attackers alongside Americans. Libyans helped some of our diplomats find safety, and they carried Ambassador Stevens’s body to the hospital, where we tragically learned that he had died.

It's especially tragic that Chris Stevens died in Benghazi because it is a city that he helped to save. At the height of the Libyan revolution, Chris led our diplomatic post in Benghazi. With characteristic skill, courage, and resolve, he built partnerships with Libyan revolutionaries, and helped them as they planned to build a new Libya. When the Qaddafi regime came to an end, Chris was there to serve as our ambassador to the new Libya, and he worked tirelessly to support this young democracy, and I think both Secretary Clinton and I relied deeply on his knowledge of the situation on the ground there. He was a role model to all who worked with him and to the young diplomats who aspire to walk in his footsteps.

Along with his colleagues, Chris died in a country that is still striving to emerge from the recent experience of war. Today, the loss of these four Americans is fresh, but our memories of them linger on. I have no doubt that their legacy will live on through the work that they did far from our shores and in the hearts of those who love them back home.

Of course, yesterday was already a painful day for our nation as we marked the solemn memory of the 9/11 attacks. We mourned with the families who were lost on that day. I visited the graves of troops who made the ultimate sacrifice in Iraq and Afghanistan at the hallowed grounds of Arlington Cemetery, and had the opportunity to say thank you and visit some of our wounded warriors at Walter Reed. And then last night, we learned the news of this attack in Benghazi.

As Americans, let us never, ever forget that our freedom is only sustained because there are people who are willing to fight for it, to stand up for it, and in some cases, lay down their lives for it. Our country is only as strong as the character of our people and the service of those both civilian and military who represent us around the globe.

No acts of terror will ever shake the resolve of this great nation, alter that character, or eclipse the light of the values that we stand for. Today we mourn four more Americans who represent the very best of the United States of America. We will not waver in our commitment to see that justice is done for this terrible act. And make no mistake, justice will be done.

But we also know that the lives these Americans led stand in stark contrast to those of their attackers. These four Americans stood up for freedom and human dignity. They should give every American great pride in the country that they served, and the hope that our flag represents to people around the globe who also yearn to live in freedom and with dignity.

We grieve with their families, but let us carry on their memory, and let us continue their work of seeking a stronger America and a better world for all of our children.

Thank you. May God bless the memory of those we lost and may God bless the United States of America.
    He didn't actually label it a terrorist attack, this was more of a wishy washy statement, referring to 9/11 in general, and he was still blaming the You Tube video for Libya 2 weeks after the incident...long after it was known that there was no demonstration, it wasn't spontaneous, and it wasn't in response to the video.

I call this point for Romney, but the liberal media will certainly spin it as a gaffe, just because the speech does contain the word "terror," in a completely different context than his claim tonight.

Overall, I call this one a draw, more or less, within the margin for error. That technically makes it a win for Romney, since Obama needed a home run this time, or at least a seriously bad sound bite from Romney.

Romney has the edge in the polls and the momentum. Nothing tonight happened to reverse that.
    Last edited by dpd3672; 10-17-2012 at 12:22 AM.