Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Holbrook Device

Holbrook Device

What are the thoughts on these? Sounds like a neat enhancement, any downside to using one?

Personally, I don't see a need for it. Since I never used one I don't know if there is a downside.
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Alot of guys seem to use them but I also dont see a need for one
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

The risk of M1 thumb is about the only dangerous thing in life I can do anymore - I would hate to retreat on that final issue.

They're nice. Basically makes the M1 behave exactly like an M14. The enbloc will only eject with the clip latch. The enbloc can remain in the rifle and be loaded with as many rounds as you like. Nice gadget, especially for a hunter.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Makes loading a little less clumsy for a left hander (that would be me). Nice also to be able to load individual rounds.

Cadet
    Are there anymore opinions (pros/cons) about the Holbrook device? Seems like a good idea.

Also gives me a good reason to get a fancy or custom clip latch

Patriot
    The thumb saving side of it should be a non issue, if you load them correctly you won't ever have this problem. If your range shooting or hunting, It's a useful enhancement. You don't have to chase clips, they only come out when you remove them. I can see the benefit to this.

But you loose the iconic ping..

That said, In a battle rifle I wouldn't want it. If your interested I have one I'd sell at a discounted rate. I bought it to test with a CASM mount, decided mag fed was the way to go.

Justin

LavaTech
    I've never used a Sporter Oprod catch, but I seriously doubt Holbrook was the originator. They're not that difficult to make though.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by jbkf1003 View Post
    The thumb saving side of it should be a non issue, if you load them correctly you won't ever have this problem.
    Can you elaborate on this? What are people doing wrong that causes the bolt to automatically release when pushing in a full clip?