Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mini G in Texas????????

To those on the fence.

Do remember that this is someting that is fairly easily reversable. Tim takes a barrel with a nasty muzzle and cuts the nasty end off. He modifies an op-rod, a follower rod, the band and the stock ferrule. He leaves out all the front handguard bits and needs to take a bit of material out of the barrel channel of your commercial stock.

The small parts are plentiful and reasonable. Junk barrels are recycled and you can always reverse it if you want to. I can't imagine why you would want to after you play with one. Mine in on an uber-low 4 digit receiver with a WRA op-rod and lots of very early and some National Match parts. I love it just the way it is.
    Real M1s have a single barrel spline
    NRA Benefactor Member
    Retired GCA Member

Junior Cadet
    jjones,

I am near Livingston TX, about an hour north of Houston. My dad has some land in San Saba, so I go out your way a couple of times a year.

I have been checking the gun shows in Houston for a while now but have not seen one yet. I did handle 3 different tankers at the show last weekend. I think I want to do it but I'd like to see how they balance. I had intended to get a SOCOM 16 but I don't like the fact that the balance point is at the magazine. It doesn't carry well in the woods for me.

War Room Ready
    I'm in gatesville, about an hour north of Austin. We don't have many gunshows around here, and when we do, there aren't any mini g's. I was thinking of the mag fed mini for killing hogs, but will probably just convert one of my 308's into a mini.

Guys, while not a mini G,I do have something that Tim put together for me that is very similar.
    I have a M14 mag fed garand with a 17" barrel .Mine uses a straight op rod and the BM59 gas system.
    I am located just North east of Houston if you would like to take a look at it ?
    M1CC #328

Boys and girls if you're on the fence the G is easy to reverse. The last one I build was from a spare rusty receiver, a barrel with a 10 MW, and an op rod with the last four inches toward the piston so pitted it would have been useless in a regular Garand. The wizard of Jerome took the bad barrel and chopped it off until he got the the tight part! Then cut the pitted portion of the op rod off until it was usable. Next thing you know the receiver was blasted all parts parked and there was a brand spanking almost new MiniG. History wasn't destroyed and what would have been scrap was recycled and made into an accurate as hell zombie killer. So quit riding the fence and tell Shuff to build you your very own MiniG, the only true "green gun."
    Bill
    Last edited by paid4c4; 05-22-2011 at 04:50 PM.

War Room Ready
    Hey mike. I might do that next time I am down that way. I still have that receiver you wanted. I will bring it too

Patriot
    Man-o-war, where in San Saba County is your dad's land? I'm on a deer lease in Mills County near San Saba Peak.

JJones, at some point I hope to get my mini-G to the deer lease. I'm not sure when that will be, I have a lot to do on the lease getting it ready for deer season (1st year on the lease) so I don't have much time to shoot when I'm there. However, should I ever get it there, I'll let you know and maybe you can come over to shoot.

War Room Ready
    REHRIFLE That sounds good, thats only about an hour away from me. Is yours 06, or 308?

Patriot
    it's 30-06

War Room Ready
    Ok. I will bring some ammo.