Thread: Beginners Luck??

Beginners Luck??

Anyone ever notice that whenever you see a thread started with "My first M1" your almost garaunteed to click on it and see pics of a rifle that looks to have been boosted from the Springfield museum? Lock bar sights proper cartouged stock in excellent condition all or almost all SA parts. Now I begrudge no one for getting such a pearl congrats and good shooting. But as someone who covets the Springfield war era M1's I can't help but get sick with envy.

For every nice one that gets posted, there are plenty that don't get posted. How many people want to say "Look at the beat up piece of junk I just bought for $625.00".
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Yeah I know I was just being envious of a nice purchase and trying to be a little funny. It does seem like all the newbs get those great ones though.

My last 5 orders I've included a sticky note asking for lock bar sights and have yet to receive a set. I think they have packers who will go out of their way and others who won't. Cant complain though.

Patriot
    Just a numbers thing, I have ordered about 75 rifles from cmp over the years. For a long time I requested lock bars or original barrel aor GI wood. I finally stopped requests because I always got something cool just not what I asked for. I received a original br about 1 in 10 orders, WWII marking 1 in 20 and only 1 lock bar in all my orders.

In my orders things like gap letter IHC, 5 digit SAs and original WWII WRA brs have happened but one rifles sorta beat them all. I received a 500k SA field grade that come with a WWII replacement barrel 44 dated , original GHS stock, un cut 3 op rod , lock bars and straight lock nut. Keep in mind all one one rifle, this was the only rifle i have received with a straight lock screw , only lock bars ever and only a few marked stocks and a few un cut op rods. It took me 75 rifles to get one like that when some get that on the first order. LOL...

Isn't that guy with the spiffy rifle the whining newb that was wanting to write a letter to the CMP board to suggest changes to make it more fair etc. etc.
    He was claiming he only wants 'one' M1 for shooting in competition. And what does he get?? A WWII BR with original barrel and lock-bars???
    I guess I need to start sniveling like a little bitch on the forums about how unfair it is that folks buy 12 rifles all at once or something similar. I wonder if they would send me an IHC to sooth my case of butt-hurt.
    Last edited by Schriv; 10-30-2012 at 11:45 PM.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Patriot
    Maybe we should cry to Tim while he has his check book out ! LOL.