Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm laughing out loud! This lady on long Island says they're "going to die"

I'm laughing out loud! This lady on long Island says they're "going to die"

Okay, we lose our power ALL the time around here. We lose it for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 , 7 days at a time. Older folks, younger folks, all folks somehow muddle on with no power. How do we do it? Does anybody care when it happens to us? I would argue the following;
    1. Nobody cares when we lose our power! We are so few that nobody gives a flip when a few thousand rural Michigan people lose our power. I have been told many times by Consumers Power that my complaints have been noted but that we are few in our area so we are last to have power returned.
    2. We have back up plans when we lose our power, the bigger cities make us have those plans because resources are used to return their power before ours. This means that now, when we lose our power we are prepared but that our bigger cities, if they have a prolonged power outage go NUTS. They feel they have an actual right to power LMAO!
    3. We use Generators, blankets, kerosene heaters, wood stoves, all sorts of things to stay warm when power goes out. City folk can use blankets and kerosene heaters just like folks used to before we had electricity but that's beneath them I guess.
    I make this argument because I'm watching this old bag on CNN saying "obama has to get the trucks to her house right now or we are going to die here, we have no power and we have three older people who will freeze to death." Well, if they didn't prepare, I guess they die. I do know that it isn't my fault. I do know that resources are constantly taken from my area because we don't have the numbers to be given priority so nobody gives a flip about us when this happens. We don't seem to die and I'm sure that nobody from CNN plays any footage about us to anyone in new jersey or new york. The drama these "people" are conveying on the TV is a giant laughable joke.

I call cry baby, sissy, wimp, and pussy to anyone, short of being on dialysis, who can't make it without power for a month. Buck up, suck it up, shut up, and move on.

Again, this is why I was hoping to see the entire state of NY go the way of Atlantis.

BTW, they are telling dogboysdad that he won't have power until at least Monday
    [SIGPIC]

Dogboysdad has no power and Stu does, where's the justice, boo hoo.

Founding Member
    When "someone" relies on the .gov handout they have zero idea how to care for themselves. I say the zombie apocalypse is already here.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    When "someone" relies on the .gov handout they have zero idea how to care for themselves. I say the zombie apocalypse is already here.
    Can I start shooting these things in the head, then?
    [SIGPIC]

" Can I start shooting these things in the head, then? "

Hell yes, That's what I want to know.
    Bullets are probably gonna get scarce before the infection is neutralized, so I need to perfect my tire iron/spike to the eye socket technique.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Founding Member
    You may need to start! Let the fuel lines grow longer with slow electricity repair and someone will get shot.
    Last edited by cuppednlocked; 11-02-2012 at 01:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    You may need to start! Let the fuel lines grow longer with slow electricity repair and someone will get shot.

Sadly, you are correct. I have a 500 gallon fuel tank out back and have not used it, just have it "in case". I'm now considering cleaning it and outfitting it for fuel storage. I'm going to have to talk to some farmers and find out how I can keep fuel for extended amounts of time in this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Dogboysdad has no power and Stu does, where's the justice, boo hoo.
    WTF? I prepared. I fueled up the cars, got cash from the bank, got kerosene for my heater, got ice and dry ice, bought water and food, tied everything down. What else could I do?
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    WTF? I prepared. I fueled up the cars, got cash from the bank, got kerosene for my heater, got ice and dry ice, bought water and food, tied everything down. What else could I do?

Who said you didn't prepare? I'm talking about these whack jobs you all have that seem to think the government can stop their suffering and that it's not right they're without power. All the damage in your area Stu and you have power while a place by Cleveland does not? Why why why? I'll tell you why, because it's about the market. The market in your area, your power company, found it possible to get you power while the market in DBD'S area did not find it possible. The market is so simple for free folk.