Thread: Last two builds on their way to Tim!

War Room Ready

Last two builds on their way to Tim!

I'm finally down to what I think will be my last two garand builds. Actually, only one is a "build", the other is a complete rifle I'm having reparked as the finish that's on it is black oxide that keeps turning purple!
    The one I'm actually building is a greek HRA 5.4 mil. I have all HRA parts for it but it will be built into a 7.62. I picked up a mint/like new 7.62 barrel which has the HRA markings on it so it was pretty cool that the rifle I had to put it on was also an HRA. These are two projects that have been sitting in pieces on my bench for way too long, so I sent all the metal off to Tim yesterday with the exception of the barrels which are both like new original finish, so I decided to leave them alone.
    After 20+ years of playing with these things I'll finally have one in 7.62, something I've never had before. I also think, at least for now, that I'm done with garands. It's time to start shooting them more than collecting them!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I'm finally down to what I think will be my last two garand builds. Actually, only one is a "build", the other is a complete rifle I'm having reparked as the finish that's on it is black oxide that keeps turning purple!
    The one I'm actually building is a greek HRA 5.4 mil. I have all HRA parts for it but it will be built into a 7.62. I picked up a mint/like new 7.62 barrel which has the HRA markings on it so it was pretty cool that the rifle I had to put it on was also an HRA. These are two projects that have been sitting in pieces on my bench for way too long, so I sent all the metal off to Tim yesterday with the exception of the barrels which are both like new original finish, so I decided to leave them alone.
    After 20+ years of playing with these things I'll finally have one in 7.62, something I've never had before. I also think, at least for now, that I'm done with garands. It's time to start shooting them more than collecting them!
    Happy to see new projects. I really, really have taken to heart your final statement.

Collecting them is fun, but shooting them and using them...is fun all its own. I think PrinceHumperdink is doing it right...taking game with them.

I want pics when they come back

War Room Ready
    Definitely will post pics when the time comes.

War Room Ready
    Well Tim came through again! I was'nt expecting these actions back so soon but they showed up yesterday. Everything looks great as usual. My only problem now is getting them together. Been home with the flu for a few days, feel like total shit. I think I'll try and at least get one of them together today anyway. Thanks again Tim.

Of course you know Dave, the thanks is all mine.