Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: "Good Times" for me too...

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Just kidding about the RT thing. Although I did meet him, for real and in person, on Wednesday during the HP clinic.

Not a bad score... The OH thing will come with time and practice. I got a few tips from the AMU about offhand shooting that may help. Will show ya when we can shoot together.

You met rt40?!!!!!!! Do tell man, do tell!

Founding Member
    Bill,

I can't help you with the jacket, but with ~$30 I can hook you up with a high-speed low drag shooting cart!

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    You met rt40?!!!!!!! Do tell man, do tell!
    Not too much to tell... I guess it started on the CMP forums when he put his picture up on the picture thread. I just had to look as I know he gets around this area and may attend some of the same events I do. So last Wednesday, as part of the Creedmoor Cup East, the AMU put on a HP rifle clinic. I've been wanting to attend this for a couple years but it's always on Wednesday and I usually have to work.

So anyway, here it is Wednesday morning I take a seat in the 2nd row and wait for the rest to show. Right in front of me sits a guy that I should recognize but drawing a blank on the name. At our first break he turns around, asks my name and we both instatly realize who we are talking to. The conversation went something like this:

Eric: I've had a few run-in's with you on theinternet.
    Me: You've had a run in with everyone on the internet.
    Eric: You going to tell Battle Tested you met me?
    Me: If it comes up.
    Eric: Now that you met me what do you think?
    Me: Blank stare.
    Eric: Don't tell the BT guys my last name, I think they want to break in my house and steal my stuff.
    Me: I wont. Don't worry. The BT guys are not like that anyway.

That pretty much ended the conversation. I can say a few things for sure. He's not that bad of a dude, he just has no social graces at all. He's a bit paranoid. He make a lot of assumptions about things and usually get them wrong, not because he's stupid but because he over-complicates everything. He was they guy in class that asks all the wrong questions at the wrong times. If I had to guess, his parents beat him more than talking to him while he grew up....
    !

Founding Member
    Break in his house and steal his stuff??? He was serious? Really?!

I'm starting to feel sorry for him if that's the reality he lives in.

Yup.... Like I said, a bit paranoid.
    !

Eric: Don't tell the BT guys my last name, I think they want to break in my house and steal my stuff.

That is one of the funniest things I've read. Poor RT.

Not too much to tell... I guess it started on the CMP forums when he put his picture up on the picture thread. I just had to look as I know he gets around this area and may attend some of the same events I do. So last Wednesday, as part of the Creedmoor Cup East, the AMU put on a HP rifle clinic. I've been wanting to attend this for a couple years but it's always on Wednesday and I usually have to work.

So anyway, here it is Wednesday morning I take a seat in the 2nd row and wait for the rest to show. Right in front of me sits a guy that I should recognize but drawing a blank on the name. At our first break he turns around, asks my name and we both instatly realize who we are talking to. The conversation went something like this:

That pretty much ended the conversation. I can say a few things for sure. He's not that bad of a dude, he just has no social graces at all. He's a bit paranoid. He make a lot of assumptions about things and usually get them wrong, not because he's stupid but because he over-complicates everything. He was they guy in class that asks all the wrong questions at the wrong times. If I had to guess, his parents beat him more than talking to him while he grew up....

So, what's his last name?

I don't care about his last name but I always did feel a soft spot for him. I wanted him to be okay but he wouldn't allow himself to be.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I don't care about his last name but I always did feel a soft spot for him. I wanted him to be okay but he wouldn't allow himself to be.
    Precisely how I felt.
    !

Founding Member
    I officially switched camps and now feel sorry for the guy...