Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've made up my mind

I've made up my mind

I've been kicking it back and forth since i bought it and I finally decided to turn my 6 digit into a Mini-G.

Tim, when I get a new stock to send with it and I get my milled stock ferrule swapped out with Dupage, I'm sending it to you. Work your magic.

I figure this is a good way to spend my Ohio veteran's bonus.

Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Good for you Redheep! I sent Tim a 6 digit and have been in love with it ever since.

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

I'm excited. It's got a SA 52 barrel on it that I think I'll just have Tim shorten. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of mixed up parts.

I want it to look like a WW2 mini, so I put the milled trigger guard, stock ferrule and lockbar sight on it. Just enough to make you wonder.

It needs a new stock, so I think I'll have Tim cartouche one for the time period and then I'll finish it up.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

I have a question about the order form.

I want the Mini-G conversion -$525
    Park the rifle - $50
    Smith MB - $150
    And a trigger job - $45

Are the precut barrels new manufacture or old take offs? For example, if I was looking for a old barrel like a 40's date to go with the 6 digit serial number, would you have one?
    Otherwise, I'll just take what you put on there. Originality is out the door at this point.

Is that all I need to check on the order form?
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Tim,

It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I put my rifle in the mail today headed your way. Looking forward to it.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Barrels are take offs. I don't have Smith brakes, I use E brakes. I'll never use another Smith product again. I doubt I'd have a 40's barrel to use. I take your barrel, put it in a pile with the rest, then do barrels in batches for other Mini-G's. That why your barrel has to be in decent condition. Must be a 5 or less at the throat with very very little frosting or pitting, the kind I'd need a magnifying glass to find.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Barrels are take offs. I don't have Smith brakes, I use E brakes. I'll never use another Smith product again. I doubt I'd have a 40's barrel to use. I take your barrel, put it in a pile with the rest, then do barrels in batches for other Mini-G's. That why your barrel has to be in decent condition. Must be a 5 or less at the throat with very very little frosting or pitting, the kind I'd need a magnifying glass to find.
    The posts above are from 2 years ago. My order form is correct for what I'd like to have done now.

You should take the Smith brakes off your website if you don't intend on using them. I included the $150 for a muzzle brake, if that's not the right amount please let me know. I also included the $25 to use my barrel, if that's not feasible because of the condition I understand.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

I will take the smith off, thought I did, I probably had it in more than 1 spot. The cost is the same for the three inch bm brake if you want it. When using your own barrel, condition doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I will take the smith off, thought I did, I probably had it in more than 1 spot. The cost is the same for the three inch bm brake if you want it. When using your own barrel, condition doesn't matter.
    I definately want the brake on it. Thanks. I put a letter in with the money order just in case something was lost in translation.

My apologies if there was confusion by bumping this thread up. I didn't realize the unanswered posts would look like current questions.
    Last edited by redheep; 12-05-2014 at 02:47 PM.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Quote Originally Posted by redheep View Post
    Tim,

It took a lot longer than I thought it would, but I put my rifle in the mail today headed your way. Looking forward to it.
    YOU WILL LOVE IT.Fantastic deer gun.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.