6116/0931

Y ?????????????
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    Y ?????????????
    Slugs in shotgun or muzzleloader only in Ohio
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Barrels are take offs. I don't have Smith brakes, I use E brakes. I'll never use another Smith product again. ...
    Is there a problem with the quality of them [Smith brakes I mean]?
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Quote Originally Posted by centurion20000 View Post
    Is there a problem with the quality of them [Smith brakes I mean]?

No, great brakes. I have a problem with how they have treated some customers in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    No, great brakes. I have a problem with how they have treated some customers in the past.

yeah, but I love the way they treated hamhead
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Slugs in shotgun or muzzleloader only in Ohio
    Ohio DNR changed their policy this year to include rifles for deer hunting for the first time in a long time. Unfortunately, it only includes straight walled pistol cartridges. But it's a step in the right direction.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

I knew they were working on this but didnt know it passed
    Personally I dont think high powered rifle should be allowed in Ohio for Deer. State is just to populated and to many idiots . Heck for the close range shooting you do in Ohio anyway the rifled slug guns are pretty darn accurate not to mention the rifled muzzle loaders.
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

If you are shooting from an elevated stand, the earth is your back stop. For years Michigan did not allow us to hunt with a firearm in an elevated stand, they actually MADE us give up the most important and natural backstop we had, the earth. They put us at risk with each other and made this, somehow, about being fair to the deer and safe tree climbing instead of about not shooting each other. The MDNR now is making another stupid stand, they will not let us hunt with suppressors! Town after town passes noise ordinances, nobody likes our noise, our hearing goes bad, nobody gives two craps about the hearing of the shooter, it's always about the animal and some imaginary fair chase BS.

To have a law that is there to prevent the breaking of another law, where does that end? We have a basic law, please don't shoot/kill anyone. We then have laws saying that, in some states, you have to provide a trigger lock with every firearm so that it helps to maintain the basic law of "please don't shoot/kill anyone". We have background checks so the giant morons of this country can feel better about who owns a firearm when we already have a law that says "please don't shoot/kill anyone". We then have laws about how many rounds a firearm may hold because giant oxygen sucking left wing nut jobs don't understand that we already have a law that says "please don't shoot/kill anyone".

Okay, I get it, some may want a law that says no hunting with rifles because they feel it is safer, never mind we already have a law that says "please don't shoot/kill anyone". What then is to stop a city, they already do, from saying no hunting with a shotgun in our area, it's not safe enough. Then, no hunting with a bow, it's not safe enough. Then, no firearms allowed at all, it's not safe enough. My own Township just tried to pass such an ordinance where firearms were not allowed to be discharged, ever (regardless of backstop), on residential property. I understand the compassionate arguments for "common sense", "stupid people", "crazy people", "buck fever shots", but where does it end? Incrementalism is a very dangerous thing.

Can't we just have the basic law, a law that complies with the Constitution and the Golden Rule, please don't shoot/kill anyone. By the way, there are already laws on the books about negligent discharge of a firearm. You must have a safe backstop already and your neighbors house, a passing car, the local school, does not count as a backstop.

I knew my post would ruffle your feathers
    I just dont see a advantage of a high powered rifle in Ohio. Most shots are very well within the accurate range of slugs and muzzleloaders. I think alot of private land owners would stop acsess to their land if you wanted to use a rifle. Ohio is a very populated State not wide open farmland/spaces .IMO the safety outweighs the advatage
    Last edited by Orlando; 12-06-2014 at 09:46 AM.