Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: I've made up my mind

Quote Originally Posted by redheep View Post
    I agree that there are things that need to be legislated. I don't want someone driving drunk into my family or handing out meth in candy bags to my kids at school.

But I'm also a little bit of a fatalist. If it's my turn to take the golden bb, then my time is up. I am smart enough (although not that smart) to keep most dangerous things at bay. The idea that the government will protect you through legislating your freedoms is very Soviet Union. That's not what the castoffs of the British Empire intended.

Absolutely agree that there are things that need to be, could be legislated. I would legislate any area where somebody's rights are actually infringing on another. Notice I said actually and not could be. Someone could infringe on their neighbor by shooting them, running them over, beating them, hitting them with a golf ball, but that doesn't mean we outlaw any of those activities, it means that we make it illegal to kill or maim your damn neighbor.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Absolutely agree that there are things that need to be, could be legislated. I would legislate any area where somebody's rights are actually infringing on another. Notice I said actually and not could be. Someone could infringe on their neighbor by shooting them, running them over, beating them, hitting them with a golf ball, but that doesn't mean we outlaw any of those activities, it means that we make it illegal to kill or maim your damn neighbor.
    I only have one neighbor I'd like to maim.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    I think we have had that pretty covered for a long time. So I agree there should be no new laws passed, unless it's a budget, undoing already existing overreaching law, or to fund a bridge project or something like that. General taking care of business type stuff. (Or declare war, in the case of congress).

Then we could transform these legislative positions back into the part time, service positions, that you took out of a feeling of a duty to serve. (like they were intended to be). And not what they have turned into. Full time, cushy jobs, that these guys will sell out their mothers to keep.

Cadet
    Our leaders in Washington have already been maimed, somebody sucked all their brains out of their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by justa22 View Post
    Our leaders in Washington have already been maimed, somebody sucked all their brains out of their heads.
    And clipped their balls at the same time.
    The Maxims ....
    14. "Mad Science" means never stopping to ask "what's the worst thing that could happen?"*
    34. If you’re leaving scorch-marks, you need a bigger gun.
    37. There is no 'overkill.' There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'

Talked to Tim today. In the mail tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I get to Ohio on Saturday.
    Josh
    M1CC #628
    GySgt/USMC
    6116/0931