Thread: My New Favorite Rifle

My New Favorite Rifle

I can't be more pleased with my new Mini-G. It's a 308, it shoots fantastic, and I added a Hopco mount with a Trijicon RMR Adjustable, 3.25 MOA dot.

I have about 150 rounds through it so far, and it's a pleasure to shoot. The recoil is just perfect - enough to feel like a real rifle, but I can shoot it in a t-shirt all day with no danger of developing a flinch.

I sighted it in today at 200 yards. I sighted it so that the target sits on top of the red dot at 200. It should work out that if I put the target on the bottom of the red dot at 300 yards I'll be dead on.

The Hopco mount feels like it couldn't be moved with a crowbar, and the RMR doesn't spoil the lines at all.

I've never taken to a rifle like I've taken to this one. This may be my favorite for the rest of my life.

Thanks, Tim. You're an artist.

DanMiniG.jpg

Sir the thanks is and always is all mine. Thank you for your support and my family thanks you this Christmas Season.

On another note, once you see how that set up really shoots, let me know exactly what that set up is and where you got it all. I have a special hunt next year that I might want to go the route you did on.

Junior Cadet
    Looks like a keeper-------BTW, I have some flat black paint, or some brown, for the stock when you're ready!

Details of the sight are required!

Jim
    Last edited by Jim Oliver; 11-26-2012 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added question

Junior Cadet
    That is a nice rifle, similar to the Mini G setup I am considering. Looks like a laminated stock- where's it from?

Junior Cadet
    I like the RMR setup . . . a lot. I've shied away from it due to concerns around parallax challenges I've had going past 40-50 yards with red dots (PA micro in my case on an AR). If you could post your results on sighting it out to 300 yards, I'd really appreciate it.

I like to use my mini G in local 3gun every once in a while and if I could get an RMR to work from 0-300, it would be awesome.

If you throw out the flyers that were my fault, I shot an 8 inch group at 200 yards, which is about par for me without magnification. I have a trick I picked up from an SF guy who has used red dots extensively. Severely reduce parallax with a red dot by lining it up with your front sight. I just rest the dot on top of the front sight. For quick and closer shots you don't have to do that, but if you're lining up a longer shot it can only aid accuracy.

I don't know when I'll get a chance to try it at 300 yards. That would be my absolute maximum hunting range without magnification, and all factors would have to be ideal before I'd try it.

Junior Cadet
    Thanks Dross, I may give it a try . . . . now I've got to go find my christmas list . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Ride View Post
    Thanks Dross, I may give it a try . . . . now I've got to go find my christmas list . . .
    You'd better not pout, you'd better not cry....