Thread: 308 Mini-G Load Recipes

308 Mini-G Load Recipes

Anyone have some magic loads for the Mini-G I can use as a starting point?

Junior Cadet
    I have some 155 AMax loads I use in my FAR-308 if you're interested.....please advise.

Jim

Send a PM to Buzzy on this forum. He may see this but he's been real busy.

Cadet
    I have what I think is a "Magic Load", that has worked very well in every 308/7.62 rifle I have seen it shot in or from what I have heard from others that have tried it.

I have shot it in rifles from singleshots, Savage levers, many bolt rifles, standard hunting guns up through Sniper and 1000 yard competitin rifles, semiautos from Regular 308 Garands, Tankers, M1-A's, H&K 91's, and FN-FAL's, and AR 10 types.

I have shot matches with load, and I have killed seveal deer, wild pigs, antelope, turkeys, bobcats, and coyotes with it.

The load is 39.5gr of IMR 3031, with a Sierra 165gr HPBT Gameking, or the Sierra 165 SPZ, or the Sierra 168 Matchking, or the Nosler 165gr Partition, or their Ballistic Tip.

This load started out with the Sierra 165 Matchking for matches, so I tried the 165 gr HPBT Gameking for hunting.

Later I tried the other bullets just for the fun of it and found all of them shot great in the rifles I tried them in.

The 165 HPBT Gameking, is still one of my favorite bullets for the 308. It is a great hunting bullet, both up close and as far as the antelope I took with it at 550 yards.

Its HP is rugged and does not get deformed in pocket or in magazines. They feed perfect through any of the autoloaders.

It is one of the most accurate all round 308 loads i have ever fired, equal to Federal 168gr Match in many rifles.

I think this would be a great load for the Mini G.
    It is not a highpressure load.

I started using this load in the early 1970's.

I used it just last deer season to shoot a deer and a couple of pigs and a turkey.