Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting rid of the last of it

Getting rid of the last of it

OK, so as not to have to cancel Christmas for the second year in a row, I'm going to unload as much stuff as I can. This is just a general list of what I have. If you want something on the list, EMAIL ME at [email protected] and I will get you specifics and see if you can get just what you need.

FOR SURE:

- I have 6 or 8 of the 10-pocket ammo belts. Varying condition, color, age, and maker

- I have a couple barrels - a SA 5-44 and an HRA. both good condition

- I have a '56 barrel - sewer pipe but good for late restoration or wall hanger

- I have about 100 stocks. mostly walnut. some beech. maybe a birch or two. most need some TLC. I have them from "get out the glue and pins" to "just a little steaming and some stain..." to "ready to wear". VERY, VERY few "ready to wear" left

- I have a few hundred handguards. same as above. VERY VERY few good ones left. Lots that need some sanding and finish. many that need some glue (maybe try sparx method on CMP board?)

- I have a couple BM59 stocks - no metal

- I have a few nice shooter garands to sell ($850 range)

- I have a few mausers to sell. I don't know much about them or their value but am waiting on some help from a friend on this

- I have a couple M/N M39s to sell ($400+ range)

I'm sure I will add more and will work on pics as time permits, but if anyone wants anything and can save me hours and hours of taking and uploading pics, that would be spectacular
    [SIGPIC]

I need an NM marked Garand barrel. I like Mausers too. A BM59 stock is tempting.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Oh, and an HRA barrel . . .
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

no NM barrel.

HRA barrel is pretty nice. I think it gauges 2/2 or maybe 1/2. white breech

Mac and Wendy Lunko have first shot at mausers. i will know more tomorrow.

BM59 stock easy. got a super nice set of walnut handguards to go with it, too
    [SIGPIC]

War Room Ready
    I need an HRA 12-52 barrel. Yours would'nt happen to have this date would it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    I need an HRA 12-52 barrel. Yours would'nt happen to have this date would it?

it's a '54. IIRC either 8 or 9
    [SIGPIC]

War Room Ready
    Thanks. I'm starting to think I have the only 12-52 ever made. I've even had Dupage and GPC look through their stock of HRA barrels, no 12-52's have been found. Plenty of SA 12-52 but no HRA.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Thanks. I'm starting to think I have the only 12-52 ever made. I've even had Dupage and GPC look through their stock of HRA barrels, no 12-52's have been found. Plenty of SA 12-52 but no HRA.

I've got a 9-52, but it's on a 4.66 rifle. I also sold a 4.66 this year with the original 11-51 barrel. it's out there. what are you trying to put it on?
    [SIGPIC]

Patriot
    Details on the 5-44 barrel? please,,
    I erased my signature and don't know why.

War Room Ready
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    I've got a 9-52, but it's on a 4.66 rifle. I also sold a 4.66 this year with the original 11-51 barrel. it's out there. what are you trying to put it on?
    Documented Duff sales rifle. It's a resto and is listed as such, just that the barrel is not that great and the markings have been bead blasted bad and faded etc. I'm hoping to someday find one to replace it that has the same date and markings but with original finish, or markings that are at least better than what I got. The rest of the gun is great with mint stock set, but that barrel just does'nt fit with anything. I have to wonder why it was even used, certainly there were better choices. The bore and readings are'nt bad, just those erased markings.