Thread: Plug Adjustment for Factory Ammo

Plug Adjustment for Factory Ammo

Given a Mini G with a Schuster plug tuned to run Greek surplus M2 ball, is there an approximate given adjustment that I can make if I want to run modern commercial ammo?

Should already be adjusted by Tim when he built it
    There is no one adjustment fits all . Need to start with screw all the way open so rifle doesnt cycle when fired. Turn screw closed on click and fire again. Keep doing this until rifle cycles properly
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Should already be adjusted by Tim when he built it
    There is no one adjustment fits all . Need to start with screw all the way open so rifle doesnt cycle when fired. Turn screw closed on click and fire again. Keep doing this until rifle cycles properly
    I know Tim tuned it already to run surplus. I was just wondering if anyone knew an approximate amount (1/2 turn, 3/4 turn, etc) that I need to open it from THAT setting in order to run modern, commercial ammo without damaging the op rod. I really don't want to have to open it ALL the way up and then tune for commercial ammo, and then open it ALL the way up again and repeat the process when I want to go back to regular M2 ball. I'll be shooting surplus 98% of the time, but I'd like to use the Mini G for hunting as well. Can't do that with surplus and going through all that ass pain just to shoot 1/2 dozen commercial rounds a year is not ideal. Not only will it take more time, but it'll take more $$$, seeing as I'll have to shoot more rounds to fine tune.

I suppose you could just start from the setting it is at opening alittle at a time until its stops cycling then back up until its cycles
    Again
    There is no set range, just have to experiment
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Orlando is correct on all counts. I'd venture that your current setting is fine if your commercial ammo isn't over 160 grains.

Thanks guys.