Thread: Finished my AR build!

Smile Finished my AR build!

Here's what I ended up with. Got most of it rounded up before the big panic set in. Whaddaya think?

Attached Images Attached Images
    "Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

It is nice, but the forward assist makes me sad.
    "I have absolutely no idea why you would trust something as important as your life to the people on this forum." Fogtripper 1-6-10

Patriot
    looks good and it's gained at least 30% good investment
    I erased my signature and don't know why.

Patriot
    Looks good. I like the retro look.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboysdad View Post
    It is nice, but the forward assist makes me sad.
    That's the one part I messed up on. I wanted the older teardrop forward assist, but I never could find one. Looked at one a while back on gunbroker, and almost went for it, until I saw the $50 asking price. Wasn't complete, either.
    "Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

I also followed Cal30M1's lead with the "been there, done that" treatment to the finish. Not quite there yet, but I might just leave it the way it is now.

Patriot
    Not hijackin your post but ive got it's twin, finished mine about 4 months ago still got the wrong delta nut on it but its a pita to change it P9251475
    Last edited by deputy85; 01-07-2013 at 09:43 PM.
    I erased my signature and don't know why.

That looks great, Dep! I'll keep an eye out for a flat delta ring. The shop I got mine at had a bag full of them. Next time I make it down there I'll see if they have any left.

Gotta love those triangular hand guards, only ones I use. even used them on a Dissapator build once. I think I have two set of round ones, I will never use(well maybe because I live in NYC and have stopped building these things anyway).

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

I should have never sold mine. Bought it in the 70's when they were legal here. NO forward assist. Funny but I don't think that NYC has ever had an "Assault Weapon" crime, but that didn't stop the politicians from banning them anyway.
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 01-09-2013 at 01:30 AM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau