Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reloading M1 Carbine

In my IP with an Underwood 2-43 barrel I shoot 110 grain Hornady bullet (.3075 diameter, NOT .308), 13.7 grains H110, assorted GI brass and any small rifle primer. This ammo/gun combo will shoot a sub 6" group at 200 (yes, 200) yds all day long as long as I do my part.
    Jon
    Last edited by musketjon; 01-12-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Junior Cadet
    there's a lot of good reloading information on the CMP website.

go to "cmp forum" and click on the "m1 carbine" section. then click on the "cmp help: stock cleaning / ammo / mag id & accuracy" sticky.

Junior Cadet
    No offense to anyone but, I would either go to a manufactures website,ie. IMR. or buy a reloading manual. It is not a good idea to get reloading information from a forum. You never know for sure just what kind of people respond to your request.
    Just my opinion.
    Fred

Junior Cadet
    the Civilian Marksmanship Program is a pretty reputable source of information.

they do back up their reloading data by refering to the powder manufacturer's specifications.

lots of good stuff there. they go into detail about cartridge length, trimming cases, trouble shooting mifires, sighting in, etc.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Here's my favorite data. There are MANY other sources, but I use Sierra most of the time! Good Luck with it and HAVE FUN!! Thomas
    Have you ever heard anyone complain about having ammo left over after a gunfight?"

Junior Cadet
    I would never use the FM for load data. I believe the powder weight given are for information purposes only. Each lot of powder is/was tested and the loading adjusted to give the spec velocity.