Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: In New York The Police Have No Obligation To Protect The Citizens!!!!

In New York The Police Have No Obligation To Protect The Citizens!!!!

In New York State, the police have no duty to provide police protection to any particular individual. The Courts in New York have held that "generally, a municipality may not be held liable for the failure to provide police protection because the duty to provide such protection is owed to the public at large, rather than to any particular individual" (Conde v. City of New York, 24 AD3d 595, 596 [2005]; see Cuffy v. City of New York, 69 NY2d 255, 260 [1987]).

Now, check this out!!!!

Castle Doctrine

New York has a self-defense law based on the castle doctrine, but it is considered weaker than castle doctrine laws in other states. In New York, a duty to retreat exists in any place outside one’s home. Within the home, the statute authorizes deadly force as long as the resident is not the initial aggressor. Outside the home, however, persons must retreat from attackers if they can do so safely.

So, some douche breaks into your house and you can't do a thing to him unless he rapes your wife and kills your children first. There is something very wrong with the people in this state. We must find a cure for democrats and liberals before they kill us all!
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

There is a cure, bone cancer. I just can't seem to put together the right voodoo curse.

That is the case everywhere in the country (that I know of). About 10 years ago I was told this and didn't believe it so, as i always do, I dig a lot of reading. Turns out law enforcement has no legal obligation to prevent crime. There have been several law suits and all rulings went this way. All the cops do is put up yellow tape so the crowd doesn't get in the coroner's way.
    [SIGPIC]

Yeah, cops have NO legal duty to protect anybody per repeated SCOTUS rulings.

Eli

Protect and Serve the laws, not you.

Patriot
    Someone breaking into your house makes them the initial agressor. Shoot them.

A few years ago, Texas changed its castle doctrine and “stand your ground” laws for the better. Since then, there have been many instances, even by Texas standards, that citizens are fighting back and literally pulling the trigger.

I'm a state's right guy. If you don't like the laws of the state you currently reside, move to one with people that share the same ideas and standards.

Quote Originally Posted by REHRIFLE View Post
    I'm a state's right guy. If you don't like the laws of the state you currently reside, move to one with people that share the same ideas and standards.
    You mean do what the Founder's said? How old fashioned.

Warren v. District of Columbia, circa 1981.

The courts ruled the fundamental principal of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.

I know you believe me, but look it up anyway. Read about the incident that led up to this case. You'll puke.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Warren v. District of Columbia, circa 1981.

The courts ruled the fundamental principal of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen.

I know you believe me, but look it up anyway. Read about the incident that led up to this case. You'll puke.

THAT'S the story that I heard that got me to look into the whole thing. It was in magazine I read at deer camp - so it was either Playboy/Penthouse or Field and Stream
    [SIGPIC]