Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barrels and bolts have dried up!

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Barrels and bolts have dried up!

Has anyone seen any used 20"barrels and bolts lying around?
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Patriot
    Prince they are right by the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, good luck
    I erased my signature and don't know why.

Founding Member
    I know where complete BCG's were for sale at $150 + shipping. I only used the company to build a FAL so I can't say if the parts are good. My experience was positive though.

(They were for sale last I checked). ETA: shows in stock

PM me and I'll give you the site.
    Last edited by cuppednlocked; 01-23-2013 at 06:43 PM.

What kind of 20"? a2, a1?

Quote Originally Posted by cwcdl79 View Post
    What kind of 20"? a2, a1?
    I'll be the first to admit that I don't know the difference between barrels,as I'm new to AR's.I am using the triangle handguards,and an A1 advertised upper receiver.My parts will be mostly USGI.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

I found one on EBay... but is wasn't USGI or normal HBAR 20 inch, but a HBAR style barrel that was fluted up to the .750 area for the gas port, and then after the gas port.

Match barrel, a little funky, but since most of the fluting will be under the hand guards, it should be fine.

There were others...

Quote Originally Posted by GBMaryland View Post
    I found one on EBay... but is wasn't USGI or normal HBAR 20 inch, but a HBAR style barrel that was fluted up to the .750 area for the gas port, and then after the gas port.

Match barrel, a little funky, but since most of the fluting will be under the hand guards, it should be fine.

There were others...
    Thanks,
    I ended up ordering a pencil profile A1 barrel assembly from Del Ton,and I ngot it in about a week..THEN,I found an FN A2 barrel assembly,and an FN A2 upper w/sight.

I was told by a FFL friend that everyone seems to have the same issues finding parts like the bolt carrier group and even the extractor. Things are crazy I have two receivers that I would like to build out and cannot find all the parts. I'm in no hurry as Md may cause me to move some rifles out of state.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

MH53Gunner:

I have a spare BCG if you are a Marylander. Brand new... Stag... Matte chrome...

PM me if you need it.

GB

Patriot
    Prince i found these on one of the facebook subforums NW missouri gun trader, guy didnt post a price yet he will have to or the mod will pull his add
    F Knott IIINW MISSOURI GUNS AND AMMO TRADE AND SELL

More finds from the crypts...2 used M-16/AR-15 barrels. No visible damage, bores look good, threads clean. I do not know the history of these, and there are no markings other than "C MP C". If you don't like the listed price, inform me in a business like manner, based on facts, as I have priced them at less than half of new prices I found on the 'net. Located near Lake Ozark, prefer FTF, but will ship on your dime. Post dissapeared must have sold them real fast or the mod pulled it
    Last edited by deputy85; 05-08-2013 at 08:53 PM.
    I erased my signature and don't know why.