Thread: A moment to remember...

A moment to remember...

Lest we forget what occurred 69 years ago today, recent estimates suggest that over 4,000 allied troops did not see the end of this day. I look at the Starbucks generation and wonder if anyone remembers, if anyone cares.

D-dayOmaha.jpgD-dayBeach3.jpgD-dayNormandy.jpgDDay.jpg

I always look at those pictures and wonder where those guys are now and if they even made it off the beach that day. Post those pic on the CMP board and most of them would argue if their rifle was in the picture or not.
    !

Founding Member
    I enjoy the old films and movies about the second big war..WW2..But stop and think about going ashore from a landing craft...I still remember crawling under the barbed wire, with M60 machine guns firing over our heads..In basic training....Nerve-racking for a 19yo..and I knew they weren't trying to kill me.. My hat is OFF to all veterans,Thank You for your service..

I looked for something related to Overlord on TV last night. There was nothing. So sad.
    NRA Life Member
    ISRA Member
    M1CC Member #144
    Certified FFII

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined.... O sir, we should have fine times, indeed, if to punish tyrants, it were only sufficient to assemble the people!"

Quote Originally Posted by howie View Post
    I looked for something related to Overlord on TV last night. There was nothing. So sad.
    I asked the 3 other guys at work what day it was yesterday, and they all nailed it. Mind you our age group is 37-57, but it won't be lost on our 9 kids.

Edited for language.
    Last edited by Jimbo Slice; 06-07-2013 at 05:58 PM.