Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To my new york customer, as now listed on my ordering page

To my new york customer, as now listed on my ordering page

If you are from new york (lower case intentionally), I can make a Mini-G, the NyG, so that it should comply with your lawmakers mentally inept infringements on the 2nd Amendment. This rifle would be a Standard Mini-G in 30/06, minus the bayonet lug. If your inept lawmakers consider the gas lock threads as "threads meant for a flash hider", I am working on pinning the gas cylinder on and removing the threads. There is almost nothing a FREE MAN cannot do to out think tyrants.

To my new york brothers and sisters behind enemy lines when ordering a new rifle, you must make sure that your receiving FFL can receive the rifle you order and that it is compliant with your laws. I cannot make a custom rifle for you and then refund your money if you cannot accept it. The onus has to be on you as the purchaser. Make sure you know your local laws, this is your responsibility as I cannot possibly know every law for every state or city in this country.

Tim just to clarify, I must use an FFL to recieve a rifle I already own and shipped to you for modification????? Or just a complete rifle purchased from you? I keep reading the new bill and only get depressed, so I may have missed something!

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

By Federal law, if you own a rifle, you do not need an FFL to ship it. If you purchase a new rifle, you would need an FFL to receive it.

Thank you Tim, I thought they put that in the bill and I missed it.

Mike
    Staten Island German Martial Arts (S.I.G.M.A.)
    http://www.sigmanewyork.webs.com/

Time to feed the pigs!!!!!!

The sword of time will pierce our skins
    It doesn't hurt when it begins
    But as it works its way on in
    The pain grows stronger...watch it grin.

Another tech solution would be to buy new barrels and install w/o the gas port in the barrel drilled. That turns the G into a straight pull bolt action. Are bolt actions w/8 round fixed mags banned under the NY law if they have a "scary feature",i.e. threaded barrel?
    Last edited by Shug; 01-25-2013 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    Another tech solution would be to buy new barrels and install w/o the gas port in the barrel drilled. That turns the G into a straight pull bolt action. Are bolt actions w/8 round fixed mags banned under the NY law if they have a "scary feature",i.e. threaded barrel?
    Heck with that, no semi auto is where I quit.

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    I don't mean any offence....But c'mon. How far do we want to buy into the madness? F*** New York laws. I'd rather bury an M1 than to submit the Rifle to that.

Patriot
    I also wondered if I only eliminate the bayonet lug on the M1 rifles, would the barrel threads still qualify it as an "assault rifle". I'm making a list of questions to ask when I call the "hot line" next week. But, honestly, the answers won't make any difference, since they've already made the disclaimer that it is not legal advise. Either way, I'm changing nothing until this law has made it through the court challenges.

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    I also wondered if I only eliminate the bayonet lug on the M1 rifles, would the barrel threads still qualify it as an "assault rifle". I'm making a list of questions to ask when I call the "hot line" next week. But, honestly, the answers won't make any difference, since they've already made the disclaimer that it is not legal advise. Either way, I'm changing nothing until this law has made it through the court challenges.
    KK, the new law states

A flash suppressor
    Muzzle brake
    Muzzle compensator

Or a threaded barrel DESIGNED to accommodate the above

I have a poor imagination, so I'm accepting the fact that the threads that are not at the muzzle were designed to hold the gas lock in place. If I had an imagination, I would say the threads at the breech technically could hold any of these devices albeit 24" forward and ban almost all guns completely.

If I were the gestapo Hot Line folks, I would answer "Yes, you have an assault weapon " to anyone that calls as getting rid of firearms is their mission.
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 01-26-2013 at 08:33 AM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Sorry if I struck a nerve with my suggestion. There wasn't any intent to offend. I just wanted to come up with a way for people to be compliant with the letter of NY's law while sending a middle finger to those who rushed it through their legislature with no prior notice or real debate.

Here in Maryland the Governor just introduced his AWB into the legislature last week. While it's not as draconian as the NY and MA laws, it still causes a lot of harm to lawful owners, does nothing to deter people who have criminal intent or have had psychotic breaks from reality, and goes against the both letter and spirit of the Supreme Court's Heller decision affirming 2A's individual right. Luckily, the MD legislature's procedures are long and drawn out so those of us who think his bill shouldn't be passed have had time to organize and contact our representatives. When the Gov first proposed it, he talked as if he had a slam dunk. But now it's looking like he has a real fight on his hands and may not have enough votes to pass it, and possibly might not even get it out of committee if a couple of fence sitters lean towards "no". And that might affect how other states that are thinking of imitating the NY act go.

The closed gas port idea allows those stick in NY to keep Garands in some condition long enough to get to the next election, after which a gas port can be added if enough legislative seats get new rear ends occupying them. Maybe NY will interpret the law such that the thread holding the GCL on a Garand aren't an evil feature and this whole thread will become irrelevant. But if not, it doesn't hurt to have workarounds ready.