Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To my new york customer, as now listed on my ordering page

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    ...it doesn't hurt to have workarounds ready.
    Yes it does. Here's an excellent letter my nephew wrote and he's granted permission to distribute. So please do.

Preparing to lose.

When the government physically comes to take your guns you have lost. We have all lost. If your efforts are focused on planning for that time, you are actively planning to lose.

The firearms industry is reporting the largest spike in sales in history, yet there are no reports from the post office of record spikes in letters to the city, state, or U.S. capitols.

Being prepared for the worst is a good practice but if that is all you are preparing for it is sure to come. A golfer does not spend all their time practicing for sand trap shots just as a quarterback does not spend all their time practicing getting sacked.

While recently attending the 2nd amendment rally at my state capitol, I was asked what I would do when the government was at my door demanding my guns. Perhaps the question would be better asked to the thousands and thousands of folks down the street at the gun show who were obviously spending their time and effort improving their position, rather than the few hundred people in front of me trying to avoid such a circumstance in the first place.

If you have not written, emailed, or called, your legislators, both local and federal, your sheriff, news outlets, businesses, both local and big box stores, you are part of the problem, and your silence is deafening. If you have, do it again, insist others do too, be the leader of your group and demand the rest do their part. Those remaining silent are watching our liberties bleed out on the ground, they aren’t stopping the bleeding, they aren’t even calling for a medic. At some point you have to take action, and you have to go that extra step, and now is the time.

Arm your self with facts, move out and draw fire. Don’t tolerate a fellow gun owner, or freedom lover, whose silence is as damaging as the tyrants roar. United we stand does not work if YOU are sitting down.

Ed Ford
    Phoenix, Az

permission to distribute is granted

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    KK, the new law states

A flash suppressor
    Muzzle brake
    Muzzle compensator

Or a threaded barrel DESIGNED to accommodate the above

I have a poor imagination, so I'm accepting the fact that the threads that are not at the muzzle were designed to hold the gas lock in place. If I had an imagination, I would say the threads at the breech technically could hold any of these devices albeit 24" forward and ban almost all guns completely.

If I were the gestapo Hot Line folks, I would answer "Yes, you have an assault weapon " to anyone that calls as getting rid of firearms is their mission.
    I tend to agree with you here. But who is going to pay my court costs when I have to argue that the threads on the M1 rifle are not designed to accommodate those devices, after the gestopo shows up at the range and starts inspecting "assault weapons" to see if they have been modified or if they are registered? Even if I win my case against an uneducated legal system, I still can't afford the cost of going to court. I am tending to think that it may just be easier to register the guns, if things don't change within the next year, then it would be to jump through all the stupid hoops to avoid registering them. I also understand why you might want to grind off the bayonet lug and be done with it, I was thinking along the same lines. But why should I destroy parts of my rifle just to "comply"? Also, what if the grinding isn't done correctly? Will this weaken the cylinder? Everytime I think there may be a solution, I run into more questions. I'd be inclined at this point to just keep the guns locked up and never let them see the light of day again. But since I've purchased all of them from CMP, there is a record of them already. Eventually someone will figure that out and start looking through those records to see who has the guns in New York.

Cadet
    TY for helping us out over here, yeah, i had just called earlier in the week about a NY mini-g and you had mentioned you had something brewing. very glad to see someone fightin for the garands!

Quote Originally Posted by Erj View Post
    Yes it does. Here's an excellent letter my nephew wrote and he's granted permission to distribute. So please do.

Preparing to lose.

When the government physically comes to take your guns you have lost. We have all lost. If your efforts are focused on planning for that time, you are actively planning to lose.

The firearms industry is reporting the largest spike in sales in history, yet there are no reports from the post office of record spikes in letters to the city, state, or U.S. capitols.

Being prepared for the worst is a good practice but if that is all you are preparing for it is sure to come. A golfer does not spend all their time practicing for sand trap shots just as a quarterback does not spend all their time practicing getting sacked.

While recently attending the 2nd amendment rally at my state capitol, I was asked what I would do when the government was at my door demanding my guns. Perhaps the question would be better asked to the thousands and thousands of folks down the street at the gun show who were obviously spending their time and effort improving their position, rather than the few hundred people in front of me trying to avoid such a circumstance in the first place.

If you have not written, emailed, or called, your legislators, both local and federal, your sheriff, news outlets, businesses, both local and big box stores, you are part of the problem, and your silence is deafening. If you have, do it again, insist others do too, be the leader of your group and demand the rest do their part. Those remaining silent are watching our liberties bleed out on the ground, they aren’t stopping the bleeding, they aren’t even calling for a medic. At some point you have to take action, and you have to go that extra step, and now is the time.

Arm your self with facts, move out and draw fire. Don’t tolerate a fellow gun owner, or freedom lover, whose silence is as damaging as the tyrants roar. United we stand does not work if YOU are sitting down.

Ed Ford
    Phoenix, Az

permission to distribute is granted
    You are so right. If a Mauser collector was told his/her firearms were not going to be confiscated, he/she would be out of the fight, watching the carnage from a safe distance. Same goes for Carbine, Garand, 1911, and so on. I can't lie and tell you that I wouldn't be happy if the govt would just leave me alone, but we know that will never be the case.
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 01-28-2013 at 04:54 PM.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Quote Originally Posted by KnickKnack View Post
    I also wondered if I only eliminate the bayonet lug on the M1 rifles, would the barrel threads still qualify it as an "assault rifle". I'm making a list of questions to ask when I call the "hot line" next week. But, honestly, the answers won't make any difference, since they've already made the disclaimer that it is not legal advise. Either way, I'm changing nothing until this law has made it through the court challenges.
    Maryland recently started to go off the deep end, and we started planning for the worst. At the moment, it appears that it would be a good idea to remove the bayonet lug just "in case."

I find it rather annoying.

In our case, if the rifle was designed to have a threaded end that works with the function of the rifle / handgun, then it should not be a problem.

Oddly, they've got an exception in the proposed law for both the M1 Garand (I've got a Mini-G conversion on order) and a the Colt AR-15A2 HBAR Sporter Match Rifle.

What I'm finding is that the law makers are CLUELESS. Seriously. They don't understand what "bad features" are, and other (more leftist) lawmakers are LYING to other so that the centrists will vote for the Bills.

The whole threaded barrel issue is language in the Federal ban (both the old, deservedly expired one and the new proposed one) for classifying long weapons. There is nothing in either SB281 (the AWB bill already passed by the MD Senate as amended) or in HB294 (the MD House version that is still being debated) calling threaded barrels on long guns an issue. It's only an issue in those two bills for sidearms (or "Assault Pistols" as the bills call them).

In the MD House committee hearings last Friday, ~32 people testified in favor of the AWB bill. ~1,307 testified against. Apparently it was the largest turnout for testimony against a proposed Maryland law in the state's 200+year history. If the bills pass, it will be because the fix was in before they were ever voted on, which became obvious in the audio stream of the Senate committee hearing on the bill where it sounded like the committee chair was actually directing committee members how to vote, not because of lack of effort on the part of the Pro 2A community.

If these bills become law, it will be mostly because of the seniority system in the state legislature that provides huge power to committee chairs. The House committee chair at least does deserve credit for allowing everyone to speak, to the extent that I understand the hearings went past 3AM the next morning so that everyone who signed up to testify on record, could.

Sorry to bother all the non-MD residents on this board with our problems, but it's important to hear about how much opposition there actually is to these bills, when state laws don't allow them to be ramrodded through overnight like in NY.
    Shug

Founding Member
    As a past resident of MD I wish you luck.

Remember, it's for the kids....

Quote Originally Posted by cuppednlocked View Post
    As a past resident of MD I wish you luck.

Remember, it's for the kids....
    At 43 we had our first child... he's now almost 2... If I really believed that this would make a difference, I'd consider it.

However, given that civilian copies of military rifles accounted for less than 400 murders in 2011, changes in the laws aren't going to make any difference.

I will tell you that Maryland Democrats, largely, honestly have no idea what they are talking about. ...and the few that do are in the "fix is in" category. Senator Frosh flat out lied to people on the floor of the State House... I've been talking directly with one Senator, and she's admitted to not knowing what she's talking about. Though she keeps saying to me that something needs to be done, but has not substanitive ideas.

Obviously, New York is worse... and that's hard to imagine at the moment. Right now it appears that our efforts in MD are paying off, as they are neudering the bills. I think we'll be in the position that they pass something, just to say they pass something, but that it'll be largely gutted. The reason I think this is that we have large numbers of people vocing disatisfaction with the whole thing, and we've been emailing, faxing, calling, and showing up; the anti-gun folks haven't done a damn thing... which is a suprise, and also tells us that the bulk of the population doesn't really care about the issue strongly.

We'll see.

In the case of a bayonet lug, removing it doesn't bother me... as it's a good way to cover things later. (I don't foresee a need to fix bayonets, and in my case I work better with a knife in close. -smile-)

Like CT, I think the bigger issue is that MD stands to loose $100 Million in taxes if the companies in the State move, and Beretta is seriously considering it. We don't have CT's 1.7 Billion in firearms production, but we're also small enough to be a concern if companies leave.

Sequestration alone will probably cost us $100 million in taxes... and the Senators were squibbling over enforcing the manadory sentences for people comiting crimes with firearms because it COSTS to much! Morons.

GB

If there were 100,000,000 murders a year from military weapons in this country, I would not consider even one gun law. You cannot consider such a law as it violates the US Constitution. What would be considered by me, is changing the Constitution, you know, amending it. I know amending the Constitution takes time, takes effort, takes serious consensus, but it is exactly the law of the land as set forth by the founders.

Tim,

In theory I agree with you, but if we had 100,000,000 deaths related to firearms, we'd be in a civil war.

However, if you chould do a few small things to make a difference, that, say, lowered that stat to 100,000 murdered, and those "things" were no big deal... it might be worth it.

Obama's "Universal" back ground check is BS, because checking of sales between two people in the same State is none of his friggen business. Though, I suspect you might pick up 2-5% more inelligable people that way.

The NCIS stuff works well as it is, provided that States are actually sending the information to them. I know that Maryland is not, which makes us a big fat bunch of loosers.

States that make large use of "probation before judgement" need to start enforcing the minimum senatances that hey already have on the books. In Maryland, we've not been doing that, and 68% of firearms related crimes involve felons that are early released. God forbid we fix that problem...

These are the basic things that don't impact our Right, but could huge impact the criminal element.

I dunno...
    Last edited by GBMaryland; 03-05-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: Typos, as usual