Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: To my new york customer, as now listed on my ordering page

Quote Originally Posted by GBMaryland View Post
    Tim,

In theory I agree with you, but if we had 100,000,000 deaths related to firearms, we'd be in a civil war.

However, if you chould do a few small things to make a difference, that, say, lowered that stat to 100,000 murdered, and those "things" were no big deal... it might be worth it.

Obama's "Universal" back ground check is BS, because checking of sales between two people in the same State is none of his friggen business. Though, I suspect you might pick up 2-5% more inelligable people that way.

The NCIS stuff works well as it is, provided that States are actually sending the information to them. I know that Maryland is not, which makes us a big fat bunch of loosers.

States that make large use of "probation before judgement" need to start enforcing the minimum senatances that hey already have on the books. In Maryland, we've not been doing that, and 68% of firearms related crimes involve felons that are early released. God forbid we fix that problem...

These are the basic things that don't impact our Right, but could huge impact the criminal element.

I dunno...
    nics works? How does it "work"? nics is an infringement, how can one reasonably infringe? I'm mystified by how you can reasonably violate the Constitution. The 2nd amendment clearly reads that if you are a US Citizen you need nothing more to own and bear a firearm.

Clearly you have a stronger opinion that I do. NCIS is an agregated database the various State Police send information into. The fact that it prevents Fellons from aquiring firearms through dealers is useful. It's not flawless, it doesn't handle purchases not through a dealer... but what else would you propose?
    Last edited by GBMaryland; 03-06-2013 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shug View Post
    The whole threaded barrel issue is language in the Federal ban (both the old, deservedly expired one and the new proposed one) for classifying long weapons. There is nothing in either SB281 (the AWB bill already passed by the MD Senate as amended) or in HB294 (the MD House version that is still being debated) calling threaded barrels on long guns an issue. It's only an issue in those two bills for sidearms (or "Assault Pistols" as the bills call them).

In the MD House committee hearings last Friday, ~32 people testified in favor of the AWB bill. ~1,307 testified against. Apparently it was the largest turnout for testimony against a proposed Maryland law in the state's 200+year history. If the bills pass, it will be because the fix was in before they were ever voted on, which became obvious in the audio stream of the Senate committee hearing on the bill where it sounded like the committee chair was actually directing committee members how to vote, not because of lack of effort on the part of the Pro 2A community.

If these bills become law, it will be mostly because of the seniority system in the state legislature that provides huge power to committee chairs. The House committee chair at least does deserve credit for allowing everyone to speak, to the extent that I understand the hearings went past 3AM the next morning so that everyone who signed up to testify on record, could.

Sorry to bother all the non-MD residents on this board with our problems, but it's important to hear about how much opposition there actually is to these bills, when state laws don't allow them to be ramrodded through overnight like in NY.
    Shug

Associated Gun Club of Baltimore reported that over 1 million emails went through their server to the elected officials in the Peoples Republik. Doubt they will care and the bill will become law. I will be damn if any of my Garands or carbines are butchered due to any new law.

The Md state police are running all the NICS checks on regulated firearms as defined under Md law. Currently it is taking over 45 days to get paperwork back on any firearm covered under Md's assault weapon and handgun laws. The existing law allows for the transfer of a regulated firearm after 7 business days. Since the state now does all the checks except on certain long guns citizens are denied their right under law to take possession of any firearm. The whole NICS check is just plain BS and is being abused by the state of Md.
    What makes things worse is that FFL dealers cannot run the NICS check and transfer the firearm. Any dealer who does so will violate federal law. The state police have even sent out emails telling citizens not to even bother contacting them about the background check since they are processing over 600 applications a day. Yeah buddy the two troopers are real busy and the state will not add additional troopers.

The NICS check is full of flaws and denies citizens their right and delays others. Police and others with security clearance get delayed or rejected. I spoke to a solider who was on active duty that had been placed on delay and was sitting around for over 2 hours waiting for the FBI to clear the purchase at the CMP North store. I hear time and time again about people with common names getting denied unless they provide their SS number.
    The Second Amendment is CLEAR and reads shall not be infringed. I do not need the government rationing my rights! I did not have to stay in a Holiday Inn to understand my right!!!
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 03-05-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

MH53GUNNER:

You're correct... MARYLAND is abusing the situtation. ...and the facts you present are correct as well.

Hell, the Trooper in charge of the Licensing Division and I don't get along: I got a State Senator to go have a word with him on an issue! [Simply, I was told they don't write letters recanting false information, and, to his suprise, they do now.]

Too add to your post: If you are selling a regulated firearm between two people, and you go to the MSP barracks, the firearm can and will be transfered in 7 days. You then have to go back when the licensing division gets the NCIS check to the barracks. If the person turns out to be a criminal, then the MSP will send the Firearms Retrieval Unit to go get it and return it to the original owner.

It's only dealer purchases that are at issue, and I agree, it's annoying.

However, what do you do when your screwed up State politicians scare everyone into buying firearms? You thank the Lord because now you've got a lot of PO'
    ed people buying firearms and paying attention! At least 40% of whom are first time buyers... this has a silver lining for sure! The MSP only have so many people, and the Licensing MSP folks are really on our side, even if they are not speaking out.

Rights are Rights. You are correct. The issue at play is, does a reasonable delay in purchase cause an issue when you are checking to see if the person is a violent criminal or mentally incompetent?

You don't have to like it, but even the NRA says that 70+% of the population says yes. [Certainly a suprise to me...]

I see this as I would a return on investment. If I can pay $50.00 to get 95% of efficentcy, but it costs me $10,000.00 to get 99.9%, then our resources are best spent on the 95% [minor gun laws with a basic background check] and then looking for other additional solutions [mandatory sentances].

In this case, the laws in Maryland AS THEY ARE, are good enough IMO. (Except for the handgun roster, which is a load of crap, as is the "assault weapons" list.)

Today, Maryland treats long guns as cash and carry. They treat handguns and "assault weapons" on a list the same as handguns, and handguns are treated with a little more care and a background check to see if anyone is reporting you as a felon or mentally ill individual.

That's reasonable in general. ...and I'm hear to tell you it works. How do I know? I was misreported as a felon by the commie State of New Jersey, and Maryland caught it.

Now, are our politicans a bunch of total loosers... oh yeah. Do they have any idea what they are doing? Except for the ones actively consipring to pull a gun grab, no; most politicians are so inept when it comes to knowing firearms that they are sheep being lead by Brain Frosh.

I opposed ANY additional laws, and with the exception of a basic background check, anything else.

The assault weapon stuff a BS, as is the Handgun Roster, and I'm willing to put my money where my mouth is: My wife an I are setting aside $500,000.00 to oppose Frosh and King in the next elections. What are you going to do?

Quote Originally Posted by GBMaryland View Post
    Clearly you have a stronger opinion that I do. NCIS is an agregated database the various State Police send information into. The fact that it prevents Fellons from aquiring firearms through dealers is useful. It's not flawless, it doesn't handle purchases not through a dealer... but what else would you propose?
    I propose nothing.

1. If you are a felon you are supposed to be in jail.
    2. If you are out of jail then we as a people have decided you are safe.
    3. The Constitution does nothing to say that a former felon cannot have firearms.
    4. Even if those of us who like to infringe on the Constitution think a check system will work, it does not. Felons do not use the system.

Look where we've gone in this country. There was a time that nobody would ever dare want social security, obama care, a nics check, medicare, BB guns to be illegal in many city's. Now that the pussy's among us have made some inroads with these sick intrusions, people think it's normal to take and to be stripped of freedom. I have not forgotten what it was like to be a bit more free.

In summary, if people don't like former felons to have guns the founders made it quite a straight forward process. You simply amend the Constitution. You do not cheat, you do not change the meaning of words, you follow the law and fix the Constitution legally. Oh, here's a brain fart, if we don't trust former felons with guns, hows about keeping them locked up?

Come on man, how did our country ever carry on without a law for every single sissy, no good pussy, afraid of its shadow half wit, brow beaten candy azz who had to feel "safe" and didn't care who's rights they stole to do it?

You point is valid, and, all things considered, I'd rather have it your way.

When I was growing up you treated others with respect, and you didn't get into someone elses business.

Now we've got jerks who are scared because they don't know the first thing about firearms, and, as such, want to make sure everyone else doesn't have them either.

I don't disagree with you about the Constitution, but my concern at this point deals with what happens when the "pussies" try to ban firearms? That would bug the shit out of me... and I can see the loosers trying it.

Anyway, I can foresee donating whatever we can afford to the SAF and NRA this year to nuke the crap out of New York.

Don't forget about the law requiring providing a fired casing to the State Police for every new sidearms sold in the state. IIRC Superintendent of the State Police testified that the casings have never been used to solve a crime (the legislature never provided money to actually create a database, apparently). But when an attempt to amend the Senate version of the AWB bill to eliminate the requirement was proffered, the Committee Chair (Frosh) shot it down immediately. Apparently he now runs unopposed in his own district (primary and general election), and due to seniority, he has been able to remain chair of his committee, which is the one that handles most firearms-related bills. His constituents couldn't vote him out if they wanted to.

[QUOTE=GBMaryland;35077]MH53GUNNER:

In this case, the laws in Maryland AS THEY ARE, are good enough IMO. (Except for the handgun roster, which is a load of crap, as is the "assault weapons" list.)

Ok, you got me... that whole fired case thing is bullshit too. (Forgot about that... clearly an attempt to make it a PITA to get a make of firearm in the State, but there is away around it...)

Oh yeah, my plan for Frosh is to find a moderate democrat to run against him... it's the only shot we have. The only other possibility is to have him run for AG, where he is not a sure win... and then we can fight using the entire State. His ego is big enough that he may do it...