Thread: New Mini-G Teaser

New Mini-G Teaser

As posted in another thread, I have just recently received my new Mini-G from Tim. In the upcoming weeks, I will be taking it out to shoot, and will be providing much more detailed analysis and photographs to show off this masterpiece. For now, I wanted to showcase a teaser pic of the rifle. I hope you all like it.

This rifle began as a CMP barreled receiver (1.08M SA receiver, 11-54 SA new barrel, new SA bolt). Tim finished it off with all remaining SA parts. The rifle is wearing a Dupage Nutmeg Laminate stock, that I really like. I added a Smith Enterprises Tritium Strip front sight - which I also really like.

It's pictured with a Viking Tactics VTAC sling, but I may opt to swap that out for my El Paso Saddlery 1907 leather sling when it arrives.

To speak of it shortly, it's great. I can't wait to shoot it, and provide some better words and pictures of Tim's craftsmanship when I have more time.

Patriot
    Good looking rifle.

You could probably sell it really quick to someone in new york. Cut the bayo lug off and make someone happy

Funny, I really don't care for a full size garand in a lam stock, but for some reason the Mini-Gs just look badazz in lammy stocks.
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    You could probably sell it really quick to someone in new york. Cut the bayo lug off and make someone happy
    Never! This rifle is going to be one of my most prized possessions and never leave my employ for any price. I have lusted after this for a LONG time, it's mine, all mine

Quote Originally Posted by awpk03s View Post
    Mmm, nutmeg!

Eli

Patriot
    Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    Funny, I really don't care for a full size garand in a lam stock, but for some reason the Mini-Gs just look badazz in lammy stocks.
    I am not a fan of laminated stocks (or plastic stocks for that matter), but the lams do look great on the Mini-Gs.

Thanks guys. I will agree, the laminate stocks do not impress me on full Garands, but I love them on Mini-Gs. I felt since my Mini-G was already a departure from the traditional full size Garand and its' beautiful walnut stock, I could make some transgressions with a more modern stock, and I'm super happy with how it turned out. It's not as fat as I was expecting, and it really fits quite well with some refinement.