Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cartouche question

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    definitely different.I had seen both before,but never thought about it until this thread.Would have no idea why They would change,but there is A LOT that I don't know.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    here is one that a Guy just received fron CMP,and posted on CMP forum.

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/...r/630f5015.jpg
    Now there is the problem. When I put the pics side by side they look darn close. But side by side with my SA CG is a different story and it matches allot of others I have seen. I guess I just need to match up some HG's and call it good. It is a clean stock either way.
    "Elk don't know how many feet a horse has!"

And here is a pic of it side by side with the CG stock and then the SA CG SA (pic 3) and a HRA (pic 2) DAS. Both CMP purchases. Does not look like the pic you posted from the CMP?

Still confussed but it's all good.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rlelvis; 05-24-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    definitely different.I had seen both before,but never thought about it until this thread.Would have no idea why They would change,but there is A LOT that I don't know.
    What I don't know would fill volumes. I think we need Borecky on this one.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

So I found a pic of two CG's I received last year. Not the best pic but now that I look at them they even look different.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Founding Member
    That DAS is real but is not sure if it is the late SA production from what I can tell. It does look as if the head is close enough to the wings to be a IHC stamp who had the arched stars throughout productions. It could also be just worn from age making it look this way. There has been a weird one showing up all of the sudden on HRA's but I know that the real stamps for a few DAS's is out there and I am very suspicious on how all of the sudden HRA's are showing arched stars in the last year. Rick B

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    That DAS is real but is not sure if it is the late SA production from what I can tell. It does look as if the head is close enough to the wings to be a IHC stamp who had the arched stars throughout productions. It could also be just worn from age making it look this way. There has been a weird one showing up all of the sudden on HRA's but I know that the real stamps for a few DAS's is out there and I am very suspicious on how all of the sudden HRA's are showing arched stars in the last year. Rick B

Rick, as I inferred and was shut down by Stu , I believe this DAS is real too but are you saying that it's an HRA? What am I missing guys? The back porch on the thing is SA in my mind, even though I can't see a very good back porch photo. The "P" looks SA too. Someone explain this to me, what maker is this stock supposed to be?
    Last edited by timshufflin; 05-24-2011 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Because I don't know what I'm talking about and I can't spell

Quote Originally Posted by Rick B View Post
    Rick,
    Thanks for the info. Never considered it being an IHC stamp. I have seen some pics on the CMP and on other sites showing a similar DAS on SA stock but pics are deceiving.

An IHC stamp? I can't keep up, I'm so lost I can't even begin to explain it. Are we saying that this is an IHC stamp on an SA stock now? Someone splain it all to me.

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    Rick, as I inferred and was shut down by Stu , I believe this DAS is real too but are you saying that it's an HRA? What am I missing guys? The back porch on the thing is SA in my mind, even though I can't see a very good back porch photo. The "P" looks SA too. Someone explain this to me, what maker is this stock supposed to be?
    Tim, It is a SA stock for sure, no question. My only concern is that it was a 'NOS' replacement SA stock that had been stamped after the fact because the DAS did not look like right to my very untrained eye.

That and the fact that it has no wear (including the butt plate and sling points), almost no indication of ever being installed, no color (looks like new walnut) and/but has three separate bullet tip impressions from seating in the clip on the stock.