Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: MIni G Accurizing

Update:

Went out today to sight in a couple of new rifles. I also took along my AR equipped with a red dot sight, like my Mini G. The only difference is that my AR red dot has a 1MOA dot, whereas my Mini G has a 3.25 MOA dot. I've never shot my AR with the red dot for groups, but when I first got it I mounted a scope on it and shot it for accuracy. There's no ammo I could find that would make it shoot over about 1.25".

So, shooting a five shot group at 100 yards, it measured...just over 5 inches. In other words, my highly accurate AR shot the same as my Mini G. Obviously the issue is me, or more precisely, my eyes. It's a sight picture issue, I'm convinced.

I"m going to get new glasses and I'll bet I shrink all my non-magnified groups.

Good luck Dross

Update: I ordered a C.A.S.M. mount for my Mini-G and put a Mueller 2x7 scope on it. With the same ammo I was using to check it's accuracy with iron sights I got a 4" 12 shot group at 100 yards. I was getting 5.5 to 6 inch groups with irons. At 200 yards I tried some better ammo and got a 7-shot 5.25" group.

BTW, that mount is an ingenious design. For those of you who have had them for a while, are they pretty rugged? Do the hold zero over the long haul getting bumped around?

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by dross View Post
    Update: I ordered a C.A.S.M. mount for my Mini-G and put a Mueller 2x7 scope on it. With the same ammo I was using to check it's accuracy with iron sights I got a 4" 12 shot group at 100 yards. I was getting 5.5 to 6 inch groups with irons. At 200 yards I tried some better ammo and got a 7-shot 5.25" group.

BTW, that mount is an ingenious design. For those of you who have had them for a while, are they pretty rugged? Do the hold zero over the long haul getting bumped around?
    I have been using the CASM mount on my M1 Garand and M1A for two years now. Both mounts have done very well and have been strudy dependable systems. Scopes are 3x9 Leupold and Nikon.

M1A

M1 Garand

Patriot
    Any issues with ejected brass bouncing off the mount erratically or reentering the action?

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by buckshot85 View Post
    Any issues with ejected brass bouncing off the mount erratically or reentering the action?
    Absolutely not, the reliability of the M1A and M1 are the same. No changes.
    The M1 requires a "Thumbsaver" to keep the en bloc clip inplace, but reliability is not affected.