Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fulton Armory M1A Receivers in Stock

Fulton Armory M1A Receivers in Stock

Not a big fan of Fulton Armory but they just listed their M1A Receivers as back in stock.
    About the only vendor that has any right now. I put in a order for one
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

You'll like the FA receiver. I got one, A CMP A kit, a bolt form somewhere and a barrel from Ohi Ord. Works. I love it. Went together with no issues. I know FA is quite proud of their stuff and their prices reflect it but their receivers are worth it. I still can't believe that LRB has a waiting line for thiers. There have been no documented reasons why a LRB is better or worth the $400 more.
    !

Did you have any issues with headspacing?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

How much are they?

Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    How much are they?
    $549.95 for a regular receiver or $699.95 for a receiver with a rear lug
    John

Don't worry if plan "A" fails, there are still 25 other letters in the alphabet.

Looking for S/A bayonets s/n 922033 & 1045220

Proud Member of M1CC #112

Were $499, now $549

I think the FA receivers are up to $550. They were normally $500, I bought mine for $450 on special.

I have had one headspacing issues. Using a USGI bolt and USGI barrel you have to remember this is now a 7.62mm chrome lined chamber, so I was a bit nerveous as there really was no way of adjusting it. Mine did come out on the high side but bolt would not come close to closing on the 7.62 max gage so I called it good. First time to the range I used some pretty hot loads I had made up for my .308 Garand. What a mistake that was, I killed the brass. My .308 Garand had a very tight chamber so I set the sizing die accordingly. My M14 has a larger GI chamber. So what happened was I had brass that was .011" smaller than the chamber and a pretty stout load of 4064. All brass showed signs of head seperation. I only noticed this when I got home and seperated my brass though. It showed no effect on target.

The next batch I sized .003 less than the M14 chamber and loaded it up again with the smae charge of 4064, heavier bullets though as I was out of the light ones. No issues what so ever.

Moral to the story? Size your brass to you chamber. Don't take anyones word for what your chamber should be. Get some headpsace gages, borrow if you have to, and know what size your chamber is.

I'm considering cutting the chamber on my .308 Garand a little deeper so I don;t have to adjust the die for each rifle.
    !

Lap the bolt on a Chrome bore, I'm alittle concerned about excessive headspace on a used bolt /barrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Lap the bolt on a Chrome bore, I'm alittle concerned about excessive headspace on a used bolt /barrel.
    No lap needed, the lugs and receiver face mated up nicely.
    !

Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    No lap needed, the lugs and receiver face mated up nicely.
    My left lug doesnt come close to mating, you can see a gap between receiver and bolt.