Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What do I think of this? Conspiracy starts now...

Quote Originally Posted by Schriv View Post
    "So the police can deprive a person of their life? slippery slope."

Seriously???
    Yes they can if it is to protect life and property.
    The same 'right' that all the civilian, wanna-be self defense guru's try to claim for themselves.
    Anyhow, back to reality. The on scene commanders were using every means available to them to get him to come out. The dude was on a one way mission and he wasn't going to be taken alive. It wasn't going to happen. He knew it, the police knew it. We all knew it.
    This was only going to end one way. Don't forget that he had just shot two more LEO's that very morning and jacked another car. He bought his ticket to hell and got to take the ride. I hope it hurt like a mofo.
    That does not excuse the po-po for lighting up little old ladies delivering papers or shooting up bystanders, but as far as dealing with this douchbag. Good kill.
    Smoke checking his ass saved the taxpayers a whole lot of additional expense.
    well, we'll see how you feel about saving the taxpayers a lot of expenses when your connections to the Tea Party, activity on shooting forums, ownership of firearms, or love of the Constitution gets YOU labelled a TERRORIST (we are almost there now. I figure within 2 years)
    [SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by seaninmich View Post
    well, we'll see how you feel about saving the taxpayers a lot of expenses when your connections to the Tea Party, activity on shooting forums, ownership of firearms, or love of the Constitution gets YOU labelled a TERRORIST (we are almost there now. I figure within 2 years)
    2 years... No way. It's already done. Big Sis came out with it a few years ago and was quickly hushed up. Now that "IT" has a second term, no need to curb loose lips.
    !

I'm sure it's already happened. I'm a veteran, used to work on and around Air Force one for two presidents, belong to a registered reenactment group that does US, German and Russian reenacting. Oh yeah, I play Mil-sim airsoft and violent video games with my boys too.
    But last time I checked, I haven't written a rambling manifesto, killed anyone (including police) and haven't been running around jacking cars at gunpoint.
    There is a huge difference between the two situations.
    Do I want to see Joe citizen taken down in his house for absolutley nothing?? Hell no.
    But do I want to see violent criminals, druggies and known gang bangers eliminated with extreme prejudice?? HELL YES.
    The very collapse of American freedoms and culture that we all whine about is rooted around those same groups of people and the policies that breeds and supports them.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Fun stuff.
    This picture was taken at the Ft. Riley MOUT training facility. My airsoft group was doing some MOUT training with the army team on the base.
    I'm in the entry armor on the far right. I'm pretty sure 'they' already know who I am and where to find me if I decide to go rogue.

They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

But last time I checked, I haven't written a rambling manifesto, killed anyone (including police) and haven't been running around jacking cars at gunpoint.
    There is a huge difference between the two situations.

in YOUR opinion there is a big difference. unfortunately for you, you are not the one to make that call. you cannot deprive a person of their rights and not expect that someone else will, it turn, choose to deprive you of yours
    [SIGPIC]

If I intentionaly cross the 'line' and become a violent criminal, then I should expect nothing less.

So what is your proposal?
    Allow everyone to do whatever they want, whenever they want and there are no consequences? That sounds like a democrats line of thinking. Of course it wouldn't be your fault if you did malfunction, it would be societies fault.
    For the record, I do not hate my country or my government. I spent too many years working for and with it. Having been to other countries and seeing how they live, I'll stay here. I may despise the folks at the top right now, but that is an entirely different thing. Am I afraid of it? Yes and No. I know full well the awesome power that can and will be brought to bear on it's enemies. But I also know that there are many, many folks that feel just like we do on the inside.

Founding Member
    Fun stuff.
    This picture was taken at the Ft. Riley MOUT training facility. My airsoft group was doing some MOUT training with the army team on the base.
    I'm in the entry armor on the far right. I'm pretty sure 'they' already know who I am and where to find me if I decide to go rogue.

OPFOR stuff? Did you win???

Yeah,
    We have done OPFOR and allied stuff for various scenarios. This particular event was more of a joint room/building clearing exercise. We had just used that armored hummer as a climbing aid to gain entry onto the roof of the building in the background and cleared it from the top down. Everybody took turns ( in small groups) trying to hold out as long as possible. Being inside SUCKS once the breaching starts!!
    The army has also hosted some big MOUT events at this site and opened it up to several hundred airsofters from around the country. Slinging 6mm plastic BB's at each other at 400-500FPS tends to make you pay attention to drills and skills a lot more than blanks do.

If I intentionaly cross the 'line' and become a violent criminal, then I should expect nothing else.
    Again, here is the problem. Where YOU think the line is is NOT where the guy that sends the hit squad thinks it is. Your definitions are cometely subjective. This is no different than people that say they are OK with "reasonable" gun control. Well, to the people making the rules, no guns at all is very reasonable. Once you make any concession, all bets are off. Once you say its ok to deprive one man of due process, then no man is entitled to due process
    [SIGPIC]

Amendment V

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.