Thread: Mini-G Leftovers?

Junior Cadet

Mini-G Leftovers?

First post on the forum!

Last week I sent enough parts to Shuff to make two .308 Mini-Gs with Ultimak rails. (One will be a surprise gift for my dad. He trained with an M14 in '68, but he's always had a soft spot for the M1.)

The CMP store in Alabama was out of everything except receivers and .308 CMP specials, so I bought the two best looking receivers they had. It took about a month for me to track down the parts kits, dupage stocks (one walnut, one laminate), gas plugs, scope rails, etc. That was a little more stressful (and costly) than the original plan of simply picking up two Field Grade M1s.

Now I've got these handguard pieces that will never be installed, and I'm struggling with what to do with them.

So for those of you who are already proud owners of Mini-Gs, what did you do with your leftover handguards?

As for me, I'm thinking of stringing them together and making wind chimes. Maybe it'll make a good anniversary present for my wife!

(I've also wondered what Shuff does with all of the leftover barrel pieces. I bet those would make good wind chimes as well... probably a little classier than using handguards.)

Depending on the condition of the hand guards, suchs as cracks and repairs, I would resell them.
    Last edited by Brinks352; 03-10-2013 at 03:04 PM.

Founding Member
    Sell them.

Cngratulations on your G's. Pictures are always appreciated...

Junior Cadet
    I suppose reselling would be the wise thing to do. I'll have to see what the going rate is.

Of course, that means I need to think up a new anniversary gift idea.

Offer them here first. We may be strange here,but all are honest and good guys.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Quote Originally Posted by LEAD POISON View Post
    Offer them here first. We may be strange here,but all are honest and good guys.
    And dont forget cheap
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    And dont forget cheap
    And easy...

...at the same time?

Come to think of it, I've got a new lower handguard (no metal) that's just gathering dust in the box.

Junior Cadet
    Thanks for the advice!

I'm refinishing the stock of my full-size Garand right now. If I screw up and break one of the handguards, I'll use my Mini-G leftovers as replacements.

If I make it through the refinishing process without breaking anything, I'll post the Mini-G leftovers here on the forum.

And once I get the two Mini-Gs back from Tim, I'll be sure to post pictures. (Of course, they'll probably just look like the Mini-Gs you folks already own!)