Thread: CMP auction, rear sights

CMP auction, rear sights

I wonder if these are off of the Navy BR? Pretty high price for rusty bases.

http://cmpauction.thecmp.org/detail....rand-SA-Sights

UPDATE: WHOOPS, I see they are off of DRILL RIFLES...

From what I have been told is that the CMP is pulling off any lock bar sights and selling them at auction. Several years ago you could find the lock bar sights on rifles in the CMP stores.

One poster claimed to see a RG Drill rifle(?) at the South Store with a lock bar sight. Not sure about his observation. ????
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

The occasional lockbar was a nice surprise...too bad they are stripping off those parts now.

I prefer the postwar sight, but I see a pattern starting...or at least continuing.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    They look pretty junky to me,and although I personally prefer the lock bar setup,I wouldn't want these at that price.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Cadet
    Wow...Pretty steeep. Parts getting that hard to find if CMP is $$$ everyone?

The price of M1 parts seems to have gone through the roof in the last few months.
    On Ebay and Gunbroker, I see idiots getting into bidding wars over common items that end up selling for 10X what it should. Supply and demand at it's best.
    Even stripped receivers that went for $200-250 on GB a few months ago are starting a $300+ and getting bid up to where barreled receivers used to be.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

I would rather put a humped sight on a rifle than pay the high prices on the CMP auction just for the look. The CMP has boxes of lock bar sights they pulled off rifles.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin