Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mini-G First Range Trip - 7th round jams?

Mini-G First Range Trip - 7th round jams?

Took my Mini-G to the range for the very first time today. I fired 8 enbloc clips of HXP. Clips were CMP-3 clips. I made no changes to the Schuster plug since receiving it from Tim. The rifle was very well lubed and greased. On 3 of the 8 clips, the 7th round would jam like this:

What gives? Please give me some advise on what I can do to troubleshoot this and not keep experiencing it?

On happier note, I love shooting this gun. First 3 clips at 30 yards:

When I get a little more time later I will update with some more details/thoughts/pictures of the range impressions.

Thanks.

Nice looking gun. The 11 O'Clock jam is a pretty common one, but it can be caused by about a million different things. One thing to look out for is that the ejector does not stick out past the edge of the bolt. Too much or too little gas pressure/bolt speed is another possible. Of course the easiest thing to do is to try different en-blocs. I've had ones that didn't allow all the rounds to seat all the way back in the block. Caused a lot of difficulty inserting them and also caused jamming.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Here's a good shot showing you what I mean. You can see that if the ejector sticks out too far it can catch the rim of the cartridge causing the type of jam you have. This ejector is fine.

When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Thanks a lot. My ejector appears to be fine. It may be a clip issue...
    Stupid me, I did not segregate the clips in question and just tossed 'em back in the range bag. I guess I'll have to vet them again when they get loaded sometime again in the future.
    My empty cases were ejecting from 1:00-3:00 which I think it probably good?

Usually, the farther forward you throw the cases the faster the bolt speed. My BM-14 throws them at around 3 and I slowed my BM-59 down enough to reliably feed and to throw them around 5.

Sir, I would simply make sure you see if there are particular enblocs that cause this, get me a photo of your ejector at the bolt face from top to bottom. You can of course call me, I'd love to hear from you.

Thanks Tim. Here are a couple of the pictures of the ejector and bolt face:

Anything telling from these?

I'm going to break it down and make sure the follower track in the receiver and the follower arm is well greased and try it again one night this week.

Thanks!

7 round jams huh? Well at least its compliant in NY now. Just kidding! Awesome looking gun and lots of luck shooting it.

Hey, is that the rifle with the NM front sight? If it is, I saw it over at Tim's. It ran like a thief.

Quote Originally Posted by Punch The Clown View Post
    Hey, is that the rifle with the NM front sight? If it is, I saw it over at Tim's. It ran like a thief.
    Nope, not this one. It had a standard width front sight, I have since mounted a Smith tritium stripe on it. I did manage to get a 2.5" group at 100 yards, which I thought was pretty darn swell.
    Last edited by awpk03s; 03-11-2013 at 09:07 AM.