Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini-G First Range Trip - 7th round jams?

Okay, broke the rifle down tonight, and well greased the track in the receiver for the follower and the follower arm. The follower arm had some crusty gunk caked up where it contacted the follower, cleaned all that off before greasing it.

I also gave a little relief in a couple areas of the stock, a little bit around the clip latch, and a little bit on top of the stock under the receiver - just enough to get the paper thin gap to see light through between the heel and legs area.

Re-assembled, and the follower seems to slide up and down much more freely and smoothly. I think with this, and with monitoring my enblocs - and discarding any that cause issues, I should be good to go.

I promise tomorrow I will take more pictures and do a better range write up.

Quote Originally Posted by awpk03s View Post
    Okay, broke the rifle down tonight, and well greased the track in the receiver for the follower and the follower arm. The follower arm had some crusty gunk caked up where it contacted the follower, cleaned all that off before greasing it.

I also gave a little relief in a couple areas of the stock, a little bit around the clip latch, and a little bit on top of the stock under the receiver - just enough to get the paper thin gap to see light through between the heel and legs area.

Re-assembled, and the follower seems to slide up and down much more freely and smoothly. I think with this, and with monitoring my enblocs - and discarding any that cause issues, I should be good to go.

I promise tomorrow I will take more pictures and do a better range write up.
    I have spent quite a bit of time at Tim's shop, and have watched him build dozens of rifles. He uses a Bridgeport to relieve the stocks in the correct places and is close to antiseptic when it comes to assembly. Dirty parts and improperly fitted wood just ain't his style. I would call Tim before doing anything else to that gun. If he overlooked something I can guarantee he would want it back in his shop.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Thanks, I'm going to take it out and shoot it again tomorrow night and see how she does. I am really pretty confident that it's going to be good to go.

Send me the bolt, I'll grind down the ejector. It is on the close side and probably the issue. Of course, first make sure your clips are NOT the issue.

Junior Cadet
    I had a similar issue with 7th round stoppages on my first time at the range. On my 2nd trip I pairs closer attention to loading rounds into the same clips that I used oh the first trip. I had no feeding issues.

Junior Cadet
    hi all. I am having the same issues with my mini g that i just got from Tim. my clips are US GI everything is lubed right. I only Put 40 rounds through it at the range and every clip had the same jamming problems.I think i will have to send it back and have him work the bugs out for me.