Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: CMP Backlog!

Junior Cadet

CMP Backlog!

Hi, the CMP has a 12,000 order backlog. I ordered a HRA FG for a possible conversion to a Mini-G on 1-11-13. Hit the e-store 3-16-13 so right around 60 days. That's the longest I've ever waited for a rifle from the CMP. Orest also posted this..http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=102485
    Regards, Mike

I'm sure most of the orders are ammo alone, and people standing on fence for an M1 finally saying now or never.

I mail ordered a FG in mid January and still haven't received s##t. Not even a DBU. F#####g people panic buying Garands make no sense.
    Last edited by Punch The Clown; 03-18-2013 at 04:15 PM.

Junior Cadet
    Hi, some guy went into the North Store and bought 25 cases of HXP. Two days later they put a limit on it, 10 cases a year. Regards, Mike

More power to him. If I had the cash I would have done the same thing years ago
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    I put in an order for an HRA SG and an HRA FG on 1/8/13. They both hit the eStore 3/7/13, but the CC was only hit for the SG. The SG was shipped 3/11 and received 3/12, but the FG is still "open."

Well several weeks ago Orest reported 17,000(?) orders and now they are down to 12,000. God only knows when orders are being shipped. I witnessed guys loading pick ups full of ammo during store visits. One guy at the South Store broke the springs in his truck several years ago cause he purchased so many crates of ammo.

I can't wait till the spam cans are for sale again. I have a dream!
    Last edited by MH53GUNNER; 03-21-2013 at 11:05 PM.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Junior Cadet
    Hi,I got my Field Grade today, about 63 days from time mailed. The quality has declined. My FG used to be a rack grade in the old days. The muzzle guage's at 3 and the throat erosion is at 3-4.The reciever has about 10% finish but the internals look OK. The GI stock has a big chip in the "heel" and a no finish/beat butt plate.
    Also came with a cracked gas lock screw, a broken op spring, a broken elevation knob and a bad bullet guide. If I didn't have a Timing Guage I wouldn't know about the bullet guide. So I feel sorry for a new guy buying a Garand from the CMP now a days. I e-mailed them and they should send me the parts. Bottom line if I had seen this rifle on the racks at the North Store I would not buy it. It's got a cosmo'ed, scar'ed up GI stock which I will wipe down with Mineral Spirits and then with some boiled Linseed oil (BLO). Weather is terrible so I'll see how it shoots.All in all it's not as bad as it sounds.But what about the new guy who wants Garand? My original plan was to use this for a Mini-G. I'll probably get a laminated stock and send it off after I test fire it. Regards, Mike

Sounds like it fits the Field Grade description with the exception of broken parts
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Sounds like it fits the Field Grade description with the exception of broken parts
    Hi,Yes I agree most of that stuff can't be seen. The elevation knob is no knob...a screw and a washer like thin piece of metal. That was kinda hard to miss . Regards, Mike