Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: M1D and Shuff is a perfect match made

abnderby, you truly did a fantastic job on that rifle Sir. Again, the results you are getting are your results. Nothing I did would make a rifle shoot that darn good. Go find a mirror, look deeply in it, compliment the guy who got you that accuracy, it is you.

Junior Cadet
    Thanks Tim, Hey I got your message I did not hang up my battery ran out. I will catch you later I always enjoy talking to you. Oh BTW broke the only mirror I had
    U.S. Army Airborne (the only way to fly) BTW if you don't have wings you aren't qualified to call yourself a MAN just ask any paratrooper

Cadet
    Wow...Very nice rifle. Well worth every penny.

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    I like it,looks fantastic!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Junior Cadet
    I plan on working up an M1D in a bit after my first two Garands (HRA-SGS & SA-SG) start feeling at home and i'm sure that it won't impact my marriage..

Is there a source for the M1D barrel blocks?

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by JackC View Post
    I plan on working up an M1D in a bit after my first two Garands (HRA-SGS & SA-SG) start feeling at home and i'm sure that it won't impact my marriage..

Is there a source for the M1D barrel blocks?

Jack
    I would just save up and get one from the CMP. That way you have a documented M1D/C Garand. Your return on investment will be higher if you ever have to sell it. However it is your money to spend.

Just my opinion

Junior Cadet
    Brinks.. That was the original plan actually... But after some thought, I wanted a rifle I wouldn't feel bad messing with within reason.. (new barrel, repark, wood etc..) If I went with a CMP M1D i'd get a "legitemate" yet average rifle that I couldn't work on lest I compromise it's historical integrity.. My thought with a build would be more options..

Quote Originally Posted by JackC View Post
    Brinks.. That was the original plan actually... But after some thought, I wanted a rifle I wouldn't feel bad messing with within reason.. (new barrel, repark, wood etc..) If I went with a CMP M1D i'd get a "legitemate" yet average rifle that I couldn't work on lest I compromise it's historical integrity.. My thought with a build would be more options..
    I understand exactly what you are saying. When I was doing a quick game plan for/on a M1D project/build the numbers came out around the same.

Junior Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by Brinks352 View Post
    I understand exactly what you are saying. When I was doing a quick game plan for/on a M1D project/build the numbers came out around the same.
    Yeah, roger that. Sometimes choice is a bitch..