Thread: Navy Garand Stocks

Navy Garand Stocks

I found this interesting and thought I would pass this on. I was going through some of my stocks and found two that appear to have never been used. No indents where trigger group or receiver would have set.
    They were real dry and I started wiping them with BLO and noticed they had cut outs for the spacer block used in Navy Garands.
    First time I had run across these so asked Rick B about them
    He said that Springfield made the stock and that the cuts where either done at the Naval academy or Springfield ,because there are 1.4 moon cuts then cut more squarish and then some were just indents from the stock being pushed into the spacer when closed.
    These stocks are replacements and would have been installed in house so no Proof P or cartouche was used as it was just swapped out when needed.

"I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Yep. those are the cutouts for the 7.62 spacer blocks.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Nice looking stock.

Founding Member
    Very neat!