Thread: Dupage distressed"kit"

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Dupage distressed"kit"

Here is what I ended up with.I know I said I wasn't going to get any,but had to get just 1 for fun.
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread.php?t=97058
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

You did very good!
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

I just got mine yesterday. I ordered only one. And mine was remarkably similar to yours, except I didn't get an HRA stock with some metal. I got a beater set with a stock that had seen some arsenal repairs and a handguard that had been laquered. Nonetheless, I feel I got my money's worth. I wish I had ordered two. The stock set I did get will clean up nicely with a little TLC. The rest of the parts will be put to good use.
    "Professional, Polite, Prepared to Kill"
    From a sign posted near the Aussie compound at Baghdad International Airport, 2003-2004

Hump, you did good my friend.
    Bill
    Bill

Pappy's Rule #1-The truth is the truth and sometimes it hurts, but you never have to apologize for it.
    Pappy's Rule #2-Politicans like baby diapers should be changed regularly and for the same reason.
    Pappy's Rule #3-Dealing with some people is like wiping your ass with a hula hoop, there's no end to it and there's no part of it that smells good.
    Pappy's Rule #4-When you discover someone has a burr under their saddle the best thing to do is hop right up on the saddle and grind that burr in a little deeper.
    Pappy's Rule #5-The squeaky wheel gets the grease, until it squeaks to long or to loud, then it gets replaced.

Founding Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavtanker View Post
    I just got mine yesterday. I ordered only one. And mine was remarkably similar to yours, except I didn't get an HRA stock with some metal. I got a beater set with a stock that had seen some arsenal repairs and a handguard that had been laquered. Nonetheless, I feel I got my money's worth. I wish I had ordered two. The stock set I did get will clean up nicely with a little TLC. The rest of the parts will be put to good use.
    How did you know about these kits,Distressed at $75.00 I see none listed not even a spot for them??I heard some of them had the trigger group and a barrel?? thanks for any info?? OG

"[QUOTE]How did you know about these kits,Distressed at $75.00 I see none listed not even a spot for them??I heard some of them had the trigger group and a barrel?? thanks for any info?? OG"

OG,
    This was a few months ago,and they removed the listing long ago.I'm hoping as I watch daily that they'll return!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Founding Member
    Thanks, just in case, after you get your order in how about a little nudge to let me know too..I don't go there very often, but would like to try one?? Og.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Thanks, just in case, after you get your order in how about a little nudge to let me know too..I don't go there very often, but would like to try one?? Og.
    I'll keep my eye out for You.