Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M1A1 Carbine

M1A1 Carbine

I have a lead on an inland M1A1 carbine from one of my pilots. I haven't seen one of these for sale in a while. From what I remember, the stock is solid not major dents or dings with a rebuild stamp and ordinance wheel. The wire stock is decent with no tears in the leather. I'd rate the carbine side as average. Ill post pics when I get them. I know it's very rough but I don't expct more than an estimate, he's firm at $2,500. Thanks guys

Pricing is all over the map right now when found.
    Some Inlands were marked on the wood grip with a IO with crossed cannons or RI or on some late carbines after Dec 1944 S-A. The stock also has a "P" on the rear of the fore stock. The butt plate is marked with B257614 along with a casting number from "1 to 12"
    Some rebuilds have the RIA. AAM Cartouche on the left side of the wood. I think there were like 10 rebuild arsenals used to rework carbines.

Would love to see pics.

This link shows some examples of pricing from before the hysteria. http://forums.thecmp.org/archive/index.php/t-69894.html

The CMP has auctions of some G3 Grade M1A1 Carbines from time to time. I have seen some and they are real nice with authentic USGI stocks. . A dead give a way with some replica stocks was the use of a stainless or non blued spring used on the buttplate, and with no part or casing numbers.
    There are some that have been sold on GB that had reproduction stocks. I'm no expert on the M1A1 stocks and from what I have been told some of the reproductions are darn close to USGI even having the casting number etc.

Look at the price from this closed auction and you can see just how much carbine pricing has increased.
    http://auction.odcmp.com/auctions/detail.asp?id=1459

http://cmpauction.odcmp.com/detail.a...ine-SN-5173636

http://cmpauction.odcmp.com/detail.a...ade-SN-5124133

Did a quick search for current auctions and the rifle seems scarce.

Before I put down $2,500 I would have to check real close if the rifle had a authentic folding stock. JMHO. Sure many will disagree.
    M1 COLLECTORS CLUB
    WWW.M1COLLECTORSCLUB.COM
    JOIN US TODAY!

Visit the club on our new YouTube page!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/M1CCGunner

Visit our Facebook page for info and pics of the CMP, Garands etc..

“Anyone who trades liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security” Ben Franklin

Thank you for the info, the pilot who has it broke down in Texas ferrying some birds to Arizona. I don't know when they'll make it back but ill have more info and pictures then. Here's to hoping its a late second production run.

Ok here we go:
    Inland #2.965 Inland bbl-11-43 (not correct # range)
    Rear sight- adjustable w H in a shield
    Bbl band- T4 marked KI
    Trigger housing- Inland
    Hammer- white not marked
    Safety- flip marked U wit something in it
    Mag release- M WA
    Bolt- flat, .C.U.
    Slide- S'G'
    Upper handguard- 2 rivet IO no cracks few dents
    Folding stock- highwood modified to low wood, IO inside, boxed AAS on left side, and RI over 8 bottom of pistol grip and P on the front (just noticed leather is torn a little) no cracks
    Buttplate- looks like 8257614 X 7

Pictures on way
    Last edited by LCPL Hanky; 03-29-2013 at 04:50 PM.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Here's one, does it expand when you guys click on it?

AAS stamp and grip
    Attached Images Attached Images

Proof and RI over 8 on bottom of pistol grip
    Attached Images Attached Images

Cadet
    I picked up an "Alpine" M1 Carbine from an estate sale for $50. It had water damage but fortunately the bore cleaned up. I ordered a stock from the CMP so, I'm just waiting for that now. I decided that I would re-park it myself since it isnt a "real" GI one (Although from what I have read they are interchangable with GI parts (unlke the Universal I have) and thought it would be a good opportunity to practice (I did try some sample parts after reading exhaustively on the subject). My Garand will most definately.

I think in the new stock it will look quite nice. Can't wait to try it out. I'll send a completed photo.

MOVED ALL PHOTOS TO MY LAST POST.
    Last edited by rattletrap1970; 04-16-2013 at 06:30 AM.

Nice job,You did good.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

Cadet
    Here are some mags I've had kicking around since I was 20 or so. I parked them cause they had some surface rust on them.

Also loaded some .30 carbine with 13.5gr of IMR4227 with a cast 112gr 311316 gas checked bullet.

MOVED ALL PHOTOS TO MY LAST POST
    Last edited by rattletrap1970; 04-16-2013 at 06:30 AM.