Thread: Anyone care for A2's?

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar

Anyone care for A2's?

I had enough parts to build an A2 upper,and the pic doesn't show it,but the upper receiver is very silvery/grey,and the lower is coal black.I'm not sure if I like that or not,but it shoots great.
    The upper is FN made receiver and FNMI 1/7 barrel.The lower is the one from my A1,but with the A2 handgrip.

"The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Did you get the upper from the seller on CMP? Those 1/7 FN barrels are supposed to be the best of the bunch.
    !

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by canes7 View Post
    Did you get the upper from the seller on CMP? Those 1/7 FN barrels are supposed to be the best of the bunch.
    I got the barrel on CMP forum,,but not the receiver.I took it out to zero sights,and only at 25 yrds w/55 gr bullets and it was consistently shooting 1 hole groups,then I tried some 40gr Vmax loads,and it didn't like them one bit!
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

no

My wife likes those guns though, what does that tell you all

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    I got the barrel on CMP forum,,but not the receiver.I took it out to zero sights,and only at 25 yrds w/55 gr bullets and it was consistently shooting 1 hole groups,then I tried some 40gr Vmax loads,and it didn't like them one bit!
    Get some heavier bullets (not 62's though, they suck more than a $5 on payday). Try some 69 or 77 grain Sierra's. That 1/7 will eat 'em up.
    !

I'm a big fan of the 16" A1 Carbine. The ultimate KISS Rifle that is lightweight and reasonably accurate out to 200 yards for me.

Founding Member
    Must have missed this the first time around. Good looking rifle Ryan!

Patriot
    Nothing wrong with the rifle, now the round on the other hand....

Founding Member
    Nice rifle..I have the same profile barrel, it was called "heavy government profile", but mine is higher twist..