Thread: New AR Build Complete

New AR Build Complete

Finally got around to taking some pictures of my latest AR-15 build.

- Spikes Tactical Forged Lower
    - Spikes Tactical M4LE Upper 16" Carbine Gas System
    - ACE Entry Length Butt Stock
    - Spike's T2 Heavy Buffer
    - Magpul MOE + Pistol Grip
    - Daniel Defense Lower Parts Kit
    - Geissele Super Dynamic 3 Gun Trigger
    - Battle Arms Development Ambi Safety Selector
    - Troy Battle Sight Folding Rear Sight
    - XS Tritium Stripe Front Sight
    - Troy Alpha Rail
    - Gear Sector Hand Stops Indexed At 3/6 O'clock (for LH shooter)
    - Gear Sector HK Sling Mount
    - Gear Sector Surefire Light Mount
    - Surefire E2LED
    - BCM Ambi Charging Handle
    - BCM Compensator Mod1
    - VTAC Sling
    - Aimpoint T1 4MOA in Larue LT751 Absolute Mount
    - RRA Winter Trigger Guard

The rifle components themselves are all very high quality and were selected as such. A couple in particular worth noting are:

- Geissele Super Dynamic 3G Trigger - I love the feel of the flat trigger, and the ultra low weight of this trigger is just amazing in feel and response.

- BCM Ambi Charging Handle - I have always liked the BCM Gunfighter CH series, and the ambi selection for me as a lefty is a worthy addition.

- BCM Comp Mod1 - I was a little skeptical of this at first. I have always been a Flash Hider user, but wanted to try this. I can say without a doubt that it works as advertised. Muzzle rise is non-existent, recoil is non-existent. Noise is a bit louder, more noticeably so if you have a solid background behind you (like a brick house), but it's not noticeably appreciable if you are wearing ear protection (I use Surefire EP4 Protection).

- Aimpoint T1 4MOA/Larue Mount - Very impressed with this setup, EoTech user converted!

- Troy Alpha Rail - I have these on a couple rifles, and am a big fan.

- ACE Butt Stock - I have this on a couple rifles and am a big fan.

- Battle Arms Development Ambi - This is a favorite component of mine for sure.

I am very happy with the Spikes lower and upper/barrel/BCG. The Daniel Defense LPK was high quality.

The rifle is 100% reliable, very soft shooting and accurate. I have only shot it with irons so far as the Aimpoint only came in this week. With irons, the XS front sight makes 100yd+ shots a bit more of a challenge due to the width of the tritium sight, but still very easily doable within a 12" circle.

Trigger feel is amazing, the BCM brake is very well done, and the Troy rail setup with Gear Sector stops/mounts is my preferred setup at this point.

I LOVE the Aimpoint T1. As a former Eotech user, I can officially say I am converted to Aimpoint all the way! The Larue mount is top notch, and I love the dillo and all the swag that came in the box with it (even thought it was a 10 week wait!).

Comments and questions are welcome. This is so far (and by far) my best and keeper carbine.

I built my 762X39 on the same lower.
    Nice rig you got there.
    Μολὼν λάβε
    VFW life member.
    NRA life member.

I used a Geissele High Speed Match Rifle trigger in my Match AR and love it. Cant go wrong with a Geissele

So hows it shoot
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

It shoots pretty good. I put 100 rounds through it a couple weeks ago with irons only because I was still waiting on the Aimpoint. My target at 30 yards was a ragged bunch of holes - I did a variety of different shooting with it, off a rest, offhand, rapid fire without changing paper targets as I was mainly testing for function/zero/reliability until the optic arrived. I laid it on a rest and fired a couple groups at 100 yards, and grouped 2-3" with it, which I am relatively pleased with given the fat width of that front sight.