Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: m14 flash hider on a garand

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Okay, so can a Vortex be welded to the lock piece...I have heard of the three blade original designs blowing off one of the prongs..Any details?
    I'm sure it could be, all you need is someone willing to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
    Okay, so can a Vortex be welded to the lock piece...I have heard of the three blade original designs blowing off one of the prongs..Any details?
    I've been trying to get Ron Smith to make more Garand Vortex flash hiders, he says there's just not enough demand. They're 8620 tool steel, same high-grade stuff as the receiver!

Eli

I guess the question is what is the magic number for him to be willing to tool up and produce a limited run?
    If we had a price point and a number he needed to sell we could attempt to garner support for a group buy

Founding Member

Adaptable flash hiders

Yes sir, I meant that I would not want to cut up my M-14 stuff..The 1/2 by 28--Vortex can be had for about $30.00?I have access to some very good equipment and talent at work... Backpressure is also a concern..The Smith design is very nice, but a little bit on high side of cost, but I assume very effective...I like the one on the barrel on your Mini-g rifles, it did look to be secured by more than the lockpiece... Even at over 60, it would be something cool for the rifle..I don't get to go to the Lakeland range here as to the membership fees..so I don't get to research this idea much..Have a wonderful day, it is very nice here and expected to be Clear and 85 deg...Thanks for the help and Ideas..OG. Ps ..Tim i am going to add a line to see what other have on their barrels..OG.
    Last edited by Old Guard; 05-30-2013 at 02:23 PM. Reason: add a line

Founding Member
    Okay, bought several available types..The gas plug is going to be in the way..Now i need machine work, unless i can find a spacer, between barrel and the device..Anyway it will NOT be my M14 hider for certain..Later..OG.

Founding Member
    I have not given up yet on finding a good spacer.Meanwhile,I bought an BM-59 e-type flash hider from here, and it looks great.. Only added about 3inches to the end..It is compensated more on the right for recoil,,,,I can try again ,now following Baretta's lead, and development..
    Last edited by Old Guard; 10-15-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: sp.