Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Latest M1A Build

Latest M1A Build

Bought a M14 parts kit off a private owner, Winchester barrel, SA Bolt, balance of other parts are TRW. Finish on parts wasnt real worn but stock is mint so sent them off the Shuff for a repark. While parts were there had him twist the barrel on a Fulton Armory receiver. Parts all came back looking perfect as always, Thanks Tim!
    Never assembled a M1A before and wasnt sure what to expect but all went real well. Op Rod guide was a loose fit so knurled the barrel,also lapped the bolt for headspace.
    Think I will give her a trigger job next
    Took her to the range today, shot as expected ,3.5 inch average groups at 100 yds

"I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

"Official 2010 Mini-G & 2011 Summer Postal Shoot Biggest Looser"

Founding Member
    Look nice!

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Bill,that looks great,but i bet Tim whined about how horrible m14's are? I actually took mine out today,along with the AR to test rounds and although my left hand still doesn't work after surgery over 2 weeks ago,I was able to send a few rounds downrange.
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Humperdink View Post
    Bill,that looks great,but i bet Tim whined about how horrible m14's are? I actually took mine out today,along with the AR to test rounds and although my left hand still doesn't work after surgery over 2 weeks ago,I was able to send a few rounds downrange.
    Naw he didnt whine because he didnt have to install all those horrid roll pins
    Whats up with the surgery?
    "I am the master of my unspoken words, and a slave to those that should have remained unspoken. ...

Founding Member Prince Humperdink's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlando View Post
    Naw he didnt whine because he didnt have to install all those horrid roll pins
    Whats up with the surgery?
    Both hands were affected by severe carpal tunnel,and hardening finger tendons.I had surgery on the left hand,for CT and tendon release.It still is sore and I can't feel my fingers or hold on to things,but he said it should be good within another 6 weeks.I'm glad I didn't do both hands at once! I also can't hold my phone because I hold it with my left hand...
    "The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition, more insurmountable than any which a simple government of any form can admit of." -- James Madison (1788)

Looks real nice! How's it shoot?
    !

M1A functioned flawlessly, only ran 30 rds through her. To many other rifles I had to blow the cobwebs out of.
    Biggest surprise of the day was a all HRA Garand I assembled this winter . Managed a 8 rd , 2 1/4 inch group at 100 yds with weighed and sorted HXP surplus off bench ,front rest, Shes a real shooter!

Beautiful rifle. Is that a new stock?
    "Are you my pal, Danny?"

Quote Originally Posted by melloman View Post
    Beautiful rifle. Is that a new stock?
    USGI M14 Stock that I bought off private owner who previously bought it from Treeline

That stock is mint !
    Rifle looks nice also. When did Tim start doing M1A's? I hope he received permission and proper training from a certain Internet Expert 1st. Tim you know who I am referring to !
    M1CC #328