Thread: Forum of late...

Forum of late...

So what has brought out the crazies or "good idea fairies" that someone stated?

Patriot
    It's the infection of the severely confused. The liberal conservative looking for the "fair for everyone" deal.

It's not just the CMP. The fairness queens are EVERYWHERE.
    I even deal with them in my industry.
    Most of the 20-early 30 somethings today have had everything they own, for their entire life handed to them by people our age. Now they are finding out that the real world sucks ass when you haven't bothered to make anything of it or of themselves. 'It's just not right' is all they can come up with when confronted with the wage/earnings potential of my engineers position vs. theirs as an entry level assembler with NO SKILLS.
    Never mind I've been doing what I do for over 30 years.
    They want what we already have, they want it right now, and at a cost they feel is reasonable to them. Screw the real cost. They seem to have no shortage of money for video games, new piercings and weed, but not for anything that will help get them to work ( like a running vehicle) or advance their lot in life. Nope...it's just not fair that they don't have what the rest of the staff has. Hell, even the ones that wasted 4 years of their lives and their parents money at college seem to be clueless. I hear plenty of stories about parties and road trips, but very little about learning how to manufacture things that will make them and the company money.
    Some people are like slinkies.
    They aren't good for much, but they do bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

Value....is the new 4 letter word?

Quote Originally Posted by Schriv View Post
    It's not just the CMP. The fairness queens are EVERYWHERE.
    I even deal with them in my industry.
    Most of the 20-early 30 somethings today have had everything they own, for their entire life handed to them by people our age. Now they are finding out that the real world sucks ass when you haven't bothered to make anything of it or of themselves. 'It's just not right' is all they can come up with when confronted with the wage/earnings potential of my engineers position vs. theirs as an entry level assembler with NO SKILLS.
    Never mind I've been doing what I do for over 30 years.
    They want what we already have, they want it right now, and at a cost they feel is reasonable to them. Screw the real cost. They seem to have no shortage of money for video games, new piercings and weed, but not for anything that will help get them to work ( like a running vehicle) or advance their lot in life. Nope...it's just not fair that they don't have what the rest of the staff has. Hell, even the ones that wasted 4 years of their lives and their parents money at college seem to be clueless. I hear plenty of stories about parties and road trips, but very little about learning how to manufacture things that will make them and the company money.
    1. Remember, the same thing and much more can be said of most of the current elderly. These are the folks that have been alive to vote for the likes of fdr, lbj, jfk, carter, clinton, oboombya. That's quite a list of libs I just made and the current crop of youngsters can only account for one libtard. My grandparents and parents voted for all these savages, they are to blame.

2. If it's any consolation, my two boys are right there with me on being staunch conservative constitutionalists. Neither of my sons has ever voted for any commie democrat, they are not to blame. I also personally know many of my sons friends, they are all of the same cloth as my boys.

Cadet
    Quote Originally Posted by timshufflin View Post
    If it's any consolation, my two boys are right there with me on being staunch conservative constitutionalists. Neither of my sons has ever voted for any commie democrat, they are not to blame. I also personally know many of my sons friends, they are all of the same cloth as my boys.
    I get to see both sides of this "new normal" in my family. My nephew and my niece's husband for instance, and their friends, are strict constitutionalists and very useful folks.

My nieces's husband was a helo mechanic at a FOB in Afghanistan straight out of high school; when he got back home he had a job within 24 hours... delivering pizzas. He's now graduating from a 4 yr computer tech university while simultaneously working full-time and raising a family. He's a stud, and my hero...

My nephew is about as well-informed on the news, and the news behind the news, as anyone I know. He was active duty in Iraq, he's a great dad with a new family, and I'm proud to call him a friend.

My eldest is recently graduated (double-major in hard science) working in his industry 30 days after graduation, son #2 is working full-time to pay off his ill-advised (but very educational) student loan debt, and my high school daughter is the brightest of the bunch, and works harder than me.

The rest of my extended family is a mixed bag of the entitlement/victimhood zeitgeist, hard work, apathy, industry, and criminality. They truly are the "new normal", and that does not bode well for the rest of us.
    Last edited by Erj; 04-28-2013 at 04:40 AM.

Heck Erj, my wife tell me that everybody works hard than me.

Cadet
    Good point; my daughter works a lot harder than me.

Founding Member
    Tim, All our new personel seems to be on the easy boat, Insulted at getting dirty....When and If I get to retire, it will be with 26 years service...My Son is over 30, and heavily in CC dept..Just took second job at Pizza joint, first job, required a college degree, which he has in his belt..So who are the smartest ones here in America...???