Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interesting .45 on CMP....

Interesting .45 on CMP....

http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....d=1#post354340

Says it's original, but has plastic grips and an arsenal restamp?? Slide is for 83,000 serial, not 17,xxx..........

As I alluded to in my question to the seller, the USP is almost nonexistant........

All for a mere $2500......
    Last edited by BRUTUS; 05-28-2011 at 04:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUTUS View Post
    http://forums.thecmp.org/showthread....d=1#post354340

Says it's original, but has plastic grips and an arsenal restamp?? Slide is for 83,000 serial, not 17,xxx..........

As I alluded to in my question to the seller, the USP is almost nonexistant........

All for a mere $2500......
    Doesn't make sense. The AA strike is nice and deep so the property stamp was gone before the rebuild. Nice looking DCM gun though. I think it's worth at least half the selling price. Stu
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

I see he has removed it due to "harrassment".

Jeff, you just need to be far more trusting of people
    M1CC Member #111
    NRA Member

Well, we both know THAT's not going to happen anytime soon/ever.........

I actually did point out the above mentioned discrepancies, but didn't chastise his price, just told him I was trying to save him grief from others, since he advertised as "original"......I guess others were a little more brutal.......

He probably meant "original" as in original GI. If he worded it as "original AA rebuild" he would have been alright.
    When dealing with liberals, always attribute to malice what would ordinarily be attributed to incompetence.

"Of course it won't be easy; nothing worthwhile ever is. That is why I have always failed where others have succeeded."-Clouseau

Patriot
    Way overpriced for what it is being offered as! I do not see the exaggerated value just because it is a 1911. To much wrong for a restoration. And when you do restore what have you got? No sir I pass. I saw the posting and the response. He asked for and got the opinions but that was not really what he was looking for.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JIM.....(belated....)

Patriot
    Thanks Brutus. Have a beer on me and send me the bill. Thanks also to all who sent me a birthday message.You all are the people who make this forum fun and comfortable like being able to spit on the floor without some tree hugger telling me I am destroying the earth HAH!
    Jim/Mix

It gets better and better.................... http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...Item=232634224

His AA has my slide and mine has his. I assume 1911's were treated the same as M1's.